A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
- Pew poll: 61% of Republicans under age 30 support legalizing gay marriage Allahpundit 24 minutes ago
- Breaking: National lightbringer turns out not to be so centrist after all Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- CPAC: Evan Sayet Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Mystery deepens: Missing Malaysian jet reportedly flew hundreds of miles in the wrong direction Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: Andrew Malcolm, Melissa Henson Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Hawaii ponders: It might be time to start taxing insurers for not participating in our ObamaCare exchange Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago