A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
- Super-sized: Man loses 56 lbs eating nothing but McDonald’s Allahpundit 44 minutes ago
- Uh oh: Reports claim Ukrainian air force base in Sevastopol has been stormed by pro-Russian forces Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- McCain: I want Ted Cruz to apologize to Bob Dole Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Shock poll: Americans overwhelmingly favor building the Keystone XL pipeline Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Obama: Everyone wants a little R-S-P-E-C-T Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Juan Williams: Treatment of Condi Rice by Rutgers a hateful liberal double standard for black conservatives Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago