A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Report: Cruz coloring book selling like crazy Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Video: Press corps flips out on Carney over restricted access Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Hallelujah: Aversion to the Renewable Fuel Standard seems to be catching on in Congress Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Chaos: HHS “asks” insurers to extend multiple ObamaCare deadlines Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Congratulations, Barack Obama, on winning PolitiFact’s “Lie of the Year”! Allahpundit 9 hours ago