And the incumbent can count on losing 80% of the undecided. Obama cannot crack 50%. He is political road kill.
Guy reviewed the WaPo/ABC poll that -- with a D 9 partisan breakdown (larger than the D 7 of 2008) -- showed the race tied.
I'd like to throw out one more reason besides the lopsided sample that's reason for some cautious optimism. Keep in mind that over the summer, Mitt Romney has basically taken tough punches from the Obama campaign without really fighting back. Soon, he and 527's will begin to spend the money that's been raised, even as Obama's campaign has started spending more than it's taking in, two months in a row.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Priorities: Germany bans Uber, ride-sharing services Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Breaking: Obama approves sending 350 more troops back into Baghdad Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- ESPN poll: 71% support team keeping “Redskins” name — including 53% of liberals Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Brutal Ad: Mary Landrieu’s tireless representation of her true home town Guy Benson 8 hours ago
- Chris Christie thinks Putin wouldn’t test him like he does Obama, and that’s driving liberals nuts Noah Rothman 8 hours ago