And the incumbent can count on losing 80% of the undecided. Obama cannot crack 50%. He is political road kill.
Guy reviewed the WaPo/ABC poll that -- with a D 9 partisan breakdown (larger than the D 7 of 2008) -- showed the race tied.
I'd like to throw out one more reason besides the lopsided sample that's reason for some cautious optimism. Keep in mind that over the summer, Mitt Romney has basically taken tough punches from the Obama campaign without really fighting back. Soon, he and 527's will begin to spend the money that's been raised, even as Obama's campaign has started spending more than it's taking in, two months in a row.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- NYT: Hobby Lobby part of “this summer of a violent God” Ed Morrissey 13 minutes ago
- Pelosi confronted over whether Obama is ‘angry enough’ Noah Rothman 53 minutes ago
- MSNBC: Say, that Hillary Clinton book tour was a big mistake, huh? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Never the commander-in-chief Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Kerry lands in Cairo as Hamas, Israel refuse cease fire Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago