It's understandable that Brennan would punt in the face of the Intelligence Committee. Public hearings have to skirt around confidential information and, more than once, questions centered on a 6000-page report on the utility of enhanced interrogation techniques that has not been made public. Repeatedly, however, Brennan leaned on excuses and equivocations to dodge...
In response to:
Obama: "America is great not just because we are powerful, but because we have a set of values that the world admires."
President Obama's nominee for CIA Director John Brennan arrived on Capitol Hill prepared to expertly parry questions from the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, calmly affirming that he believes in President Obama's counterterrorism policy and, when pressed, simply did not answer some of the tough questions.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- Could Oregon’s First Lady sink the Governor next month? Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago