Will States' Rights Go to Pot?

tq Wrote: Jan 04, 2014 12:05 PM
US pop = 4.3% world population, but your point is taken anyway.

Will States' Rights Go to Pot?

tq Wrote: Jan 04, 2014 12:02 PM
Well, if he smoked it up before he headed back, his 20 hour trip back would have take about 35 hours. The favorite argument of people opposed to legalization is something like "Do you really want to unleash a new type of intoxicated person on the highway? Isn't it bad enough that we have drunks? And what about the children? Do you want 15-year olds getting hopped up on marijuana?" Could they be any more ignorant? Those stoners are already on the highway. Making it illegal doesn't stop any thing. And the Children? Look I don't want them drinking alcohol either and it's legal and they drink it too. So? And drunks are belligerent, drive fast and all over the road. Stoners tend to be mellow, and drive slow along the curb. Who would I rather have around? Well, not drunks.

Will States' Rights Go to Pot?

tq Wrote: Jan 04, 2014 11:53 AM
Of course, Jonah, if you find out that your doctor regularly gets drunk, but is always sober when you see him, will you also find another doctor. I doubt it.
I just blew milk through my nose. NYT hasn't been anything but the lead standard for decades.
As a conservative, I find myself in a distinct minority opposing the death penalty. I do not like the government to have the power of life and death over anyone. Especially if there is the slightest scintilla of a chance of a mistake. Can't undo dead you know. I also find it disturbing that if We the People tell a judge that they think a criminal should be put away for life, a judge can use his oh so special infinite wisdom can say "Life? Nah, make him dead."

Does the First Amendment Stop at 35 Feet?

tq Wrote: Nov 11, 2013 1:14 PM
I find cigarette smoke highly offensive. I find smokers to be the most inconsiderate lot (as a group, individuals vary and I am sure that you, gentle reader, are the most considerate person in the world as a smoker. It's all the other people I observe who don't give a sht about littering or blowing smoke in the presence of non-smokers. But not you.) But do I have the right to require that they stay 100 yards from me? I do not. On the other hand, should they be required to listen to my lectures about how three of my children's four grandparent all died from smoking related illness and the only one still living into her 90s is my never-a-smoker mom? That smokers should roll the ash/coal off their cigarette and pocket the butt? That I should be able to breathe fresh air instead of their smoke? Blah Blah Blah. No they should not. Somewhere a happy medium needs to be hit. And I am only using smoking as a metaphor since it is something that I was thinking about after smelling how my rude son smoked in my car (but that's not your problem.)

Why the Left Hates the Old

tq Wrote: Oct 08, 2013 8:31 AM
goldilocks is a unique kind of troll. The writer posts a short snarky comment, then responds to that comment as kirk72, then moves on to the next comment. Very interesting. And ultimately quite boring and predictable.

Change Your Species, Race? Why Not?

tq Wrote: Oct 07, 2013 8:56 AM
I should get all the grievance points available to me. I am after all a lesbian (gay woman) trapped in a man's body (transgender). How else to explain my keen interest in women?
And leftists think this kind of trolling is OK and funny and even revelatory of conservatives' "true colors." HuffPo recently ran an article about a comic (his names escapes me for the moment) who was trolling Twitterspace with two part tweets. When only reading the second half one would see hate filled, ant-semetic, anti-gay, racist rants. When both parts were read, they were actually quite innocent. He thought this was a clever way of exposing "Republican racism." Except HuffPo either wasn't able to find any responses exposing such racism or they only saw fit to post responses from like minded leftists who found it a clever joke. My own sister and her Amen-choir thought it was funny and thought some point was being made. (I reminded her that she is an idiot.) In case after case of manufactured hate crimes, there is almost never a response by the supposed perpetrators ... that is to say when the swastikas and hoods are brought out there is no groundswell of hatred from the supposed racists. It is almost always the real racists, the oh so caring (and bigoted) left who presume "conservative racists" are responsible.

Chevy Volt Owners Have More Money than Brains