Most important, though, Americans blame Republicans for the situation. While just 34 percent of Americans blame President Obama for the current fiscal cliff...
Republicans need to propose that the Bush cuts be made permanent (including the death tax and all the others) except for the top 2% that the President has been saying he wants AND then look at the GAO reports for the last two years and every Dept/agency/line item that has had any waste and fraud, cut their funding by that amount. If they have enough to waste then they have too much. That all should cut spending by about $300billion and raise revenue by about $80 billion. It will be the biggest change seen in years! Then they can "go to work" on all the other stuff both sides talk about but don't do on the mandatory spending entitlement programs after January 1. (Good luck with that!)
America is about to plunge over the so-called fiscal cliff -- and Americans are fighting mad about it. According to the latest polls, 77 percent of Americans believe that the fiscal cliff -- a combination of automatic tax increases and spending cuts set to kick in at the beginning of 2013 -- will hurt them personally. A full 70 percent of Americans want a compromise solution. And 67 percent believe that political leaders will act like "spoiled children."
- Super: NASA’s asteroid avoidance program is on par with the rest of the federal government Mary Katharine Ham 50 mins ago
- Adrian Peterson: “I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser.” Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Video: Florida mom arrested, charged with child neglect for letting her seven-year-old have a sip of whiskey Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Officer in Daniele Watts handcuff incident was responding to a call Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Friendly reminder: Republicans could absolutely fail to win the Senate Guy Benson 3 hours ago
- Question for new “View” co-host Nicolle Wallace: When did you just want to pop Palin? Allahpundit 4 hours ago