As predicted, the Democrats' refusal to cut any spending other than the military only delayed the inevitable. Now, as is already taking place in Greece, France and Spain, deep cuts must take place or the government will shut down. The fiscal cliff agreement and the Budget Control Act of 2011 called for sequestration on March 1st if an agreement on how to pay down the deficit was not reached. The sequestration mandates $1.2 trillion in spending cuts across the board throughout most of the federal government over the next decade. The only way to prevent sequestration is if the Democrats and...
Bring on the sequestration! These folks are spending 50% more than they have and reducing that by 2.36% is a bad thing??? Does anyone really think there isn't waste that could be cleaned up? Even in the military. If they have less, they may have to spend it wiser. And remember they will still have more next year than this year. I am tired of the hype like this is a bad thing. Thay have had 18 months to handle it differently, but these clowns aren't problem solvers, just talking heads. ENOUGH.
- Rand Paul: Let’s smash ISIS Allahpundit 30 mins ago
- The obligatory “celebrity nudes hacked” post Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Question for the State Department after Sotloff’s murder: Are we at war with ISIS yet? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Kerry: Let’s put together a coalition of the willing to defeat ISIS Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Stephen Hayes Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Latest ISIS beheading of an American exposes moral bankruptcy of our betters Noah Rothman 3 hours ago