Many have it backwards. Education doesn't determine society, it reflects it. Take a good lokk at all the college graduates and in many ways those going into education are above the rest. In every career you will find unqualified folks. As in other areas, if there are poor administrators, there are less effective workers. The real key is how much is education and hard work valued? The real reason charter, public, private, and home schools work is parents who value education and want their children to get a good one. Like so much else, too many think an education should just be given. It doesn't work that way.
American education is in a sorry state of affairs, and there's enough blame for all participants to have their fair share. They include students who are hostile and alien to the education process, uninterested parents, teachers and administrators who either are incompetent or have been beaten down by the system, and politicians who've become handmaidens for teachers unions. There's another education issue that's neither flattering nor comfortable to confront and talk about. That's the low academic preparation of many teachers. That's an issue that must be confronted and dealt with if we're to improve the quality of education. Let's look at...
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 18 minutes ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- McCain on Ted Cruz: Have these self-proclaimed Reagan Republicans forgotten that Reagan gave amnesty to three million illegals? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Yikes: ObamaCare signups slowed down in February Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Newest target of Latino media on immigration reform: Barack Obama? Allahpundit 3 hours ago