Many have it backwards. Education doesn't determine society, it reflects it. Take a good lokk at all the college graduates and in many ways those going into education are above the rest. In every career you will find unqualified folks. As in other areas, if there are poor administrators, there are less effective workers. The real key is how much is education and hard work valued? The real reason charter, public, private, and home schools work is parents who value education and want their children to get a good one. Like so much else, too many think an education should just be given. It doesn't work that way.
American education is in a sorry state of affairs, and there's enough blame for all participants to have their fair share. They include students who are hostile and alien to the education process, uninterested parents, teachers and administrators who either are incompetent or have been beaten down by the system, and politicians who've become handmaidens for teachers unions. There's another education issue that's neither flattering nor comfortable to confront and talk about. That's the low academic preparation of many teachers. That's an issue that must be confronted and dealt with if we're to improve the quality of education. Let's look at...
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- HHS official to Congress: I’m totally in charge, but that doesn’t mean I can prioritize Ebola prep over puppet shows Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- All in: Democrats plan full-court press to defeat Walker Guy Benson 9 hours ago
- Oh, by the way: North Korea now knows how to build small nuclear warheads for delivery via ICBM Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: The ultimate Debbie Wasserman Schultz clip Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- DHS auditor: It’s not your imagination, we aren’t prepared for a pandemic Noah Rothman 11 hours ago