Many have it backwards. Education doesn't determine society, it reflects it. Take a good lokk at all the college graduates and in many ways those going into education are above the rest. In every career you will find unqualified folks. As in other areas, if there are poor administrators, there are less effective workers. The real key is how much is education and hard work valued? The real reason charter, public, private, and home schools work is parents who value education and want their children to get a good one. Like so much else, too many think an education should just be given. It doesn't work that way.
American education is in a sorry state of affairs, and there's enough blame for all participants to have their fair share. They include students who are hostile and alien to the education process, uninterested parents, teachers and administrators who either are incompetent or have been beaten down by the system, and politicians who've become handmaidens for teachers unions. There's another education issue that's neither flattering nor comfortable to confront and talk about. That's the low academic preparation of many teachers. That's an issue that must be confronted and dealt with if we're to improve the quality of education. Let's look at...
- Syrian rebels openly admit: We’re going to use America’s money to fight Assad, not just ISIS Allahpundit 20 mins ago
- VA: Actually, those secret wait lists did have something to do with the deaths Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Alexandra Jaffe, Eliana Johnson Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Politics of man who sought to firebomb black congressman’s office won’t surprise you Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Poll showing GOP favorability nearly even with Dems met with furious spinning Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Wow: 62% of Republicans support sending ground troops into Iraq and Syria Allahpundit 3 hours ago