70 out of 180 days would be a 38 % increase in the days worked and you are only offering 15% raise? No wonder they might hesitate.
American education is in a sorry state of affairs, and there's enough blame for all participants to have their fair share. They include students who are hostile and alien to the education process, uninterested parents, teachers and administrators who either are incompetent or have been beaten down by the system, and politicians who've become handmaidens for teachers unions. There's another education issue that's neither flattering nor comfortable to confront and talk about. That's the low academic preparation of many teachers. That's an issue that must be confronted and dealt with if we're to improve the quality of education. Let's look at...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Former loathsome nanny-state mayor confuses blogger with second awesome move this summer Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Video: Army Medal of Honor recipient breaks gavel at New York Stock Exchange Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Senate analysis: What does “success” look like for the GOP in 2014? Guy Benson 7 hours ago
- Could a Republican president gut ObamaCare without action from Congress or the Supreme Court? Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Rubio: Immigration reform won’t happen for another 10 years unless border security comes first Allahpundit 8 hours ago