There is not a majority in the House of Representatives to support a tax plan that would raise taxes on any taxpayers – not even the much-maligned “millionaires and billionaires.” But that does not mean the House has acquiesced to the automatic tax hikes on every taxpayer slated for January 1. In stark contrast to the failure of “Plan B,” the House already succeeded in passing its “Plan A” back in August: H.R. 8. That bill would extend all current tax rates for one year, while committing to comprehensive tax reform in 2013. It passed the House on a rock solid...
The Republicans need pass a bill NOW that makes the ALL the Bush cuts permanent for everyone. Make the Dems vote on it! If they won't pass it, the cliff is on them! The argument is that the Dems are holding everyone hostage to penalize a few. Then have all the House Republicans release news releases announcing that they have acted on behalf of All Americans including the job makers. Remind everyone that 4.5% on $500,000 is a job for someone! Do we trust the businessman or the government with that money for jobs!! (Start winning the messaging.)
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 29 mins ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 1 hour ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 3 hours ago