The Washington Post's headline is "Spending by independent groups had little...
Let's hope that this makes Rove irrelevant and drives him into shamed exile - which he deserves. Rove is a vile, lying criminal. I know he was behind the "rumor" about Senator McCain fathering a child out of wedlock. Senator McCain (although I don't agree with his views) deserves the respect of the country. Fat Boy Rove deserves whatever he gets. I know it was Rove's idea to raise the "threat" level to orange or red (remember that bs?) everytime Kerry pulled ahead of Bush. Fat Boy (reminds me of Porky Pig) terrorized his country in order to win an election.
Much digital ink and wind is being expended today on the interwebs and cable TV lamenting the ineffectiveness of outside spending from conservative-aligned groups in electing Republican candidates. Indeed, some of the largest groups spent incredible amounts of money to what looks to be little effect. Many Republican candidates who had large SuperPACs behind them lost, and in what looked to be winnable races. This wasn't just Mitt Romney - it was down the ballot with candidates like Josh Mandel, Scott Brown, Tommy Thompson and George Allen.
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 39 minutes ago
- Report: Energy production on federal lands is still declining Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Maybe Democrats should be more worried about their own billionaire allies Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Boehner reassures GOP donors: I’m “hellbent” on passing immigration reform this year Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Inside the leak of the Tsarnaev capture photos Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- New Hillary memoir to be titled “Hard Choices”? Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago