The Washington Post's headline is "Spending by independent groups had little...
Let's hope that this makes Rove irrelevant and drives him into shamed exile - which he deserves. Rove is a vile, lying criminal. I know he was behind the "rumor" about Senator McCain fathering a child out of wedlock. Senator McCain (although I don't agree with his views) deserves the respect of the country. Fat Boy Rove deserves whatever he gets. I know it was Rove's idea to raise the "threat" level to orange or red (remember that bs?) everytime Kerry pulled ahead of Bush. Fat Boy (reminds me of Porky Pig) terrorized his country in order to win an election.
Much digital ink and wind is being expended today on the interwebs and cable TV lamenting the ineffectiveness of outside spending from conservative-aligned groups in electing Republican candidates. Indeed, some of the largest groups spent incredible amounts of money to what looks to be little effect. Many Republican candidates who had large SuperPACs behind them lost, and in what looked to be winnable races. This wasn't just Mitt Romney - it was down the ballot with candidates like Josh Mandel, Scott Brown, Tommy Thompson and George Allen.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- By the way: U.S. troops have landed in West Africa to fight Ebola Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Cheer up, Eric Holder: You’re only the third-most-hated Obama Cabinet official Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Hot Air returns to the Vatican Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Rand Paul’s become acceptably hawkish for a prospective GOP nominee, says … John McCain Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- State’s Marie Harf: ISIS couldn’t even have predicted how powerful ISIS would become Noah Rothman 12 hours ago