I’m chomping on the chocolate bunny (ears first!) that I found in my basket and it occurs to me that believing in Christ’s resurrection requires a capitalist mindset. Certainly, you could be a capitalist without believing in Christ’s resurrection since it requires faith to believe in the resurrection. And, Christ’s primary mission on earth was not to overthrow human forms of government. However, Christ recognized as “good” a legitimate form of human government that espouses freedom, private property rights and representative authority. So, if you call yourself a Christian (as President Obama does) then I think you must also be...
I’ve shared your sentiments. My biggest frustration was the Book of Job, and my perception that God was wagering with Satan about how many bad things could be heaped upon Job without ultimately turning him away from his faith. My response was the same as yours, with a sarcastic "Oh yeah, that sure makes sense!". ...Eventually, i figured out the answer to my plaguing questions, but it took time, and a determination to either prove God was a wicked gambler with human souls, or a loving and understanding Creator of all things. It was a multi-year quest to finally realize that The Book of Job is about "Job” ...not God or Satan.
- WSJ: Obama will require military to get his personal approval for U.S. strikes in Syria Allahpundit 20 mins ago
- Video: Scotland goes to the polls on independence Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Chaffetz to DHS Secretary: Did you hear the one about the four suspected terrorists who tried to walk across the border? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- The left’s war on football Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Does the Left really reject Hillary? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Australian raids net more than a dozen terror suspects before planned wave of attacks Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago