I’m chomping on the chocolate bunny (ears first!) that I found in my basket and it occurs to me that believing in Christ’s resurrection requires a capitalist mindset. Certainly, you could be a capitalist without believing in Christ’s resurrection since it requires faith to believe in the resurrection. And, Christ’s primary mission on earth was not to overthrow human forms of government. However, Christ recognized as “good” a legitimate form of human government that espouses freedom, private property rights and representative authority. So, if you call yourself a Christian (as President Obama does) then I think you must also be...
I’ve shared your sentiments. My biggest frustration was the Book of Job, and my perception that God was wagering with Satan about how many bad things could be heaped upon Job without ultimately turning him away from his faith. My response was the same as yours, with a sarcastic "Oh yeah, that sure makes sense!". ...Eventually, i figured out the answer to my plaguing questions, but it took time, and a determination to either prove God was a wicked gambler with human souls, or a loving and understanding Creator of all things. It was a multi-year quest to finally realize that The Book of Job is about "Job” ...not God or Satan.
- Super-sized: Man loses 56 lbs eating nothing but McDonald’s Allahpundit 24 minutes ago
- Uh oh: Reports claim Ukrainian air force base in Sevastopol has been stormed by pro-Russian forces Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- McCain: I want Ted Cruz to apologize to Bob Dole Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Shock poll: Americans overwhelmingly favor building the Keystone XL pipeline Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Obama: Everyone wants a little R-S-P-E-C-T Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Juan Williams: Treatment of Condi Rice by Rutgers a hateful liberal double standard for black conservatives Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago