How many decisions in our day-to-day lives would we like to be made through majority rule or the democratic process? How about the decision to watch a football game or "Law and Order"? What about whether to purchase a Chevrolet Volt or a Toyota Prius? Would you...
As per your comments re: budgets and The Constitution, it was the Democrat controlled Congress, elected in 2006, that started the downfall of our economy. The first 6 years of the Bush administration, contrary to Democrat party talking points, were very successful. Pelosi, Reid et al are to blame for the horrible end to the Bush years, by your own admission above. By the way, we do not have a Republican controlled Congress. They control the House. The Senate has been firmly controlled by Reid and Company. You know, the Senate that has avoided its Constitutional duty to do the simple task of passing a budget. A continuing resolution is NOT a budget. But, no one cares about the Constitution, least of all Obama with his E.O.s.
President Barack Obama narrowly defeated Gov. Mitt Romney in the popular vote 51 percent to 48 percent. In the all-important Electoral College, the difference was larger, with Obama winning 303 electoral votes and Romney 206. Let's not think so much about the election's outcome but instead ask: What's so good about democracy and majority rule?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: Media loves Sotomayor’s passion Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- CRS report: The administration has missed 44 of its own ObamaCare deadlines Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Coming soon to the Nevada desert: “BundyFest”? Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Oh, was yesterday Earth Day? Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- Chris Hayes: In a way, abolishing global warming is like abolishing slavery Allahpundit 12 hours ago