How many decisions in our day-to-day lives would we like to be made through majority rule or the democratic process? How about the decision to watch a football game or "Law and Order"? What about whether to purchase a Chevrolet Volt or a Toyota Prius? Would you...
As per your comments re: budgets and The Constitution, it was the Democrat controlled Congress, elected in 2006, that started the downfall of our economy. The first 6 years of the Bush administration, contrary to Democrat party talking points, were very successful. Pelosi, Reid et al are to blame for the horrible end to the Bush years, by your own admission above. By the way, we do not have a Republican controlled Congress. They control the House. The Senate has been firmly controlled by Reid and Company. You know, the Senate that has avoided its Constitutional duty to do the simple task of passing a budget. A continuing resolution is NOT a budget. But, no one cares about the Constitution, least of all Obama with his E.O.s.
President Barack Obama narrowly defeated Gov. Mitt Romney in the popular vote 51 percent to 48 percent. In the all-important Electoral College, the difference was larger, with Obama winning 303 electoral votes and Romney 206. Let's not think so much about the election's outcome but instead ask: What's so good about democracy and majority rule?
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014