The answer was yes. They explained that they had strongly supported Ronald Reagan, and then they supported George H.W. Bush because they had supported Reagan, and then supported George...
In response to:
I believe a lot of people were afraid to vote for Romney he did not get off to a good start and was not a good speaker. I voted for him but still did not know all he really stood for.
In January 2008, at a John McCain rally in Columbia, S.C., I asked a number of local politicos to look back to the brutal 2000 Republican primary in their state, the one between McCain and George W. Bush. They had all supported Bush back then, and I asked whether, given the inconclusive wars, runaway federal spending and economic catastrophe of the next eight years, they felt they made the right choice.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: Media loves Sotomayor’s passion Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- CRS report: The administration has missed 44 of its own ObamaCare deadlines Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Coming soon to the Nevada desert: “BundyFest”? Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Oh, was yesterday Earth Day? Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Chris Hayes: In a way, abolishing global warming is like abolishing slavery Allahpundit 11 hours ago