The answer was yes. They explained that they had strongly supported Ronald Reagan, and then they supported George H.W. Bush because they had supported Reagan, and then supported George...
In response to:
I believe a lot of people were afraid to vote for Romney he did not get off to a good start and was not a good speaker. I voted for him but still did not know all he really stood for.
In January 2008, at a John McCain rally in Columbia, S.C., I asked a number of local politicos to look back to the brutal 2000 Republican primary in their state, the one between McCain and George W. Bush. They had all supported Bush back then, and I asked whether, given the inconclusive wars, runaway federal spending and economic catastrophe of the next eight years, they felt they made the right choice.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 17 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago