The answer was yes. They explained that they had strongly supported Ronald Reagan, and then they supported George H.W. Bush because they had supported Reagan, and then supported George...
In response to:
The Repub. are never going to get back in White House if they don't get some back bone they beat a dead horse and have for the past few elections.
In January 2008, at a John McCain rally in Columbia, S.C., I asked a number of local politicos to look back to the brutal 2000 Republican primary in their state, the one between McCain and George W. Bush. They had all supported Bush back then, and I asked whether, given the inconclusive wars, runaway federal spending and economic catastrophe of the next eight years, they felt they made the right choice.
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago