The answer was yes. They explained that they had strongly supported Ronald Reagan, and then they supported George H.W. Bush because they had supported Reagan, and then supported George...
In response to:
The Repub. are never going to get back in White House if they don't get some back bone they beat a dead horse and have for the past few elections.
In January 2008, at a John McCain rally in Columbia, S.C., I asked a number of local politicos to look back to the brutal 2000 Republican primary in their state, the one between McCain and George W. Bush. They had all supported Bush back then, and I asked whether, given the inconclusive wars, runaway federal spending and economic catastrophe of the next eight years, they felt they made the right choice.
- Red line? ISIS used chemical weapons against Iraqi army Ed Morrissey 31 mins ago
- Rise of Ebola and terrorism a perfect storm for the GOP? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Report: Ebola cases starting to drop in Liberia Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Not exactly self-isolation: Ebola patient’s itinerary prompts questions about protocols Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Does Georgia vote Democratic in 2014? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Martha Coakley’s campaign seems to be in mid-collapse Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago