The answer was yes. They explained that they had strongly supported Ronald Reagan, and then they supported George H.W. Bush because they had supported Reagan, and then supported George...
In response to:
Before I answer "yes" I need to know "why" And Not b/c I need the answer... I need an answer that will persuade my neighbors, friends, relatives, and colleagues ... especially: 1. The Libertarians who are too pure to vote for another Liberal-lite 2. Anyone under 30 who thinks "W" created the Evil Time Warriors to Spread The American Whitey virus all over history. 3. My Illegal neighbors and their legal tribalists who KNOW we would EAT Their Babies IF THEY DON'T VOTE FOR ABORTION. Let's see ... any answers to persuade these people?
In January 2008, at a John McCain rally in Columbia, S.C., I asked a number of local politicos to look back to the brutal 2000 Republican primary in their state, the one between McCain and George W. Bush. They had all supported Bush back then, and I asked whether, given the inconclusive wars, runaway federal spending and economic catastrophe of the next eight years, they felt they made the right choice.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014