The answer was yes. They explained that they had strongly supported Ronald Reagan, and then they supported George H.W. Bush because they had supported Reagan, and then supported George...
In response to:
Before I answer "yes" I need to know "why" And Not b/c I need the answer... I need an answer that will persuade my neighbors, friends, relatives, and colleagues ... especially: 1. The Libertarians who are too pure to vote for another Liberal-lite 2. Anyone under 30 who thinks "W" created the Evil Time Warriors to Spread The American Whitey virus all over history. 3. My Illegal neighbors and their legal tribalists who KNOW we would EAT Their Babies IF THEY DON'T VOTE FOR ABORTION. Let's see ... any answers to persuade these people?
In January 2008, at a John McCain rally in Columbia, S.C., I asked a number of local politicos to look back to the brutal 2000 Republican primary in their state, the one between McCain and George W. Bush. They had all supported Bush back then, and I asked whether, given the inconclusive wars, runaway federal spending and economic catastrophe of the next eight years, they felt they made the right choice.
- Bowe Bergdahl returning to active duty this week Allahpundit 13 minutes ago
- Democratic Colorado governor exalts Obama’s pool game, is not helping Noah Rothman 52 minutes ago
- Begich: Hey, I’m a thorn in Obama’s … whatever Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Josh Earnest: We’re the most transparent administration ever, no matter what journalists say Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Paul vs. Perry, Round 2: Rand says Rick is ‘stuck in the past’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Israel shoots down Hamas drone as escalation continues Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago