Hubbard's observation reminded me of my 1972 job interview...
The point is - that slavery in the new world was already a horrific crime when it was instituted, as a slaving practice. And slaves were mistreated in ways that had not been seen for centuries in the west - and would not return until the 20th century left-wing movements reprised their role in this by creating the Labor camps. The reason today's black - Americans enjoy a better situation is not the "fruit" of the crime of slavery - it is the FRUIT of Western Civilization reasserting itself and destroying this abominable practice. Americans with perma-tans should honor our culture - not b/c the Spanish lost our way in the 16th century, but b/c the Brits/Amer's restored Christ's message of equality 4 men under God back to it's place.
Jon Hubbard, a Republican member of the Arkansas House of Representatives, has a book, titled "Letters to the Editor: Confessions of a Frustrated Conservative." Among its statements for which Hubbard has been criticized and disavowed by the Republican Party is, "The institution of slavery that the black race has long believed to be an abomination upon its people may actually have been a blessing in disguise. The blacks who could endure those conditions and circumstances would someday be rewarded with citizenship in the greatest nation ever established upon the face of the Earth."
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- MSNBC host debates Michele Fiore on Bundy ranch. Does not fare well. Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- A Trojan Horse on amnesty in the defense bill? Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Video: How to get kicked out of a Clay Aiken fundraiser Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 20 hours ago