Hubbard's observation reminded me of my 1972 job interview...
The point is - that slavery in the new world was already a horrific crime when it was instituted, as a slaving practice. And slaves were mistreated in ways that had not been seen for centuries in the west - and would not return until the 20th century left-wing movements reprised their role in this by creating the Labor camps. The reason today's black - Americans enjoy a better situation is not the "fruit" of the crime of slavery - it is the FRUIT of Western Civilization reasserting itself and destroying this abominable practice. Americans with perma-tans should honor our culture - not b/c the Spanish lost our way in the 16th century, but b/c the Brits/Amer's restored Christ's message of equality 4 men under God back to it's place.
Jon Hubbard, a Republican member of the Arkansas House of Representatives, has a book, titled "Letters to the Editor: Confessions of a Frustrated Conservative." Among its statements for which Hubbard has been criticized and disavowed by the Republican Party is, "The institution of slavery that the black race has long believed to be an abomination upon its people may actually have been a blessing in disguise. The blacks who could endure those conditions and circumstances would someday be rewarded with citizenship in the greatest nation ever established upon the face of the Earth."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 9 hours ago