It is an axiom in the insurance business that insurance is not bought but sold. In 1935 Franklin Roosevelt sold Congress and Congress sold the U. S. the Social Security Act, the biggest, most comprehensive, most expensive mass insurance policy ever written. Since then its purchasers, the nation's taxpayers, have had occasion to read their policy carefully and, if they have detected no outright jokers, their reaction has been such that practically every politician in the U. S. from Franklin Roosevelt down has put revision of Social Security at the top of his must list.- Pie from the Sky Time Magazine,...
... seriously ... Granny told me all of this. I remember her railing on and on about the Kingfisher - and who she hated the sound of it ( Think about it - It's like Judas claiming to be Christ ) ... I had no idea then of what she was talking about - or where she got her information ... only later I realized she knew the papers were lying, and had actual experience with the business end of leftism; and so she only read the most reliable sources ...
- Quotes of the day Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Venezuela to US: You should probably come participate in a “peace commission” on all this violence you’ve caused Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Exit polls show Crimea annexation wins 93% of vote while under Russian occupation Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago