Businesses, as well as most nonprofit enterprises, by law are required to produce financial statements that include all of their present and expected future liabilities. On top of that, they are...
My grandparents hated FDR. Your analysis forgets that FDR's pogroms aided only a few, and then only a select few - not everyone... But everyone paid a price. And then you go on to presume that what did happen could only have happened b/c of govt interest. To the false extent that it only happened b/c govt allowed it to happen you may be right - but getting a Mommy May I is hardly a valid argument. Rural electrification, interestingly, lost a huge chunk of change, and has little to show for itself, since the same govt which created it has seen fit to force the economy into urban areas. Private coops, tho, have done v. well, even b4 the windmill boondoggles. Just sayin...
Is there any reason for today's Americans to care about what happens to tomorrow's Americans? After all, what have tomorrow's Americans done for today's Americans? Moreover, since tomorrow's Americans don't vote, we can dump on them with impunity. That's a vision that describes the actual behavior of today's Americans. It would be seen as selfish, callous and ruthless only if it were actually articulated. Let's look at it.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago