Businesses, as well as most nonprofit enterprises, by law are required to produce financial statements that include all of their present and expected future liabilities. On top of that, they are...
My grandparents hated FDR. Your analysis forgets that FDR's pogroms aided only a few, and then only a select few - not everyone... But everyone paid a price. And then you go on to presume that what did happen could only have happened b/c of govt interest. To the false extent that it only happened b/c govt allowed it to happen you may be right - but getting a Mommy May I is hardly a valid argument. Rural electrification, interestingly, lost a huge chunk of change, and has little to show for itself, since the same govt which created it has seen fit to force the economy into urban areas. Private coops, tho, have done v. well, even b4 the windmill boondoggles. Just sayin...
Is there any reason for today's Americans to care about what happens to tomorrow's Americans? After all, what have tomorrow's Americans done for today's Americans? Moreover, since tomorrow's Americans don't vote, we can dump on them with impunity. That's a vision that describes the actual behavior of today's Americans. It would be seen as selfish, callous and ruthless only if it were actually articulated. Let's look at it.
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 42 minutes ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 17 hours ago