Businesses, as well as most nonprofit enterprises, by law are required to produce financial statements that include all of their present and expected future liabilities. On top of that, they are...
My grandparents hated FDR. Your analysis forgets that FDR's pogroms aided only a few, and then only a select few - not everyone... But everyone paid a price. And then you go on to presume that what did happen could only have happened b/c of govt interest. To the false extent that it only happened b/c govt allowed it to happen you may be right - but getting a Mommy May I is hardly a valid argument. Rural electrification, interestingly, lost a huge chunk of change, and has little to show for itself, since the same govt which created it has seen fit to force the economy into urban areas. Private coops, tho, have done v. well, even b4 the windmill boondoggles. Just sayin...
Is there any reason for today's Americans to care about what happens to tomorrow's Americans? After all, what have tomorrow's Americans done for today's Americans? Moreover, since tomorrow's Americans don't vote, we can dump on them with impunity. That's a vision that describes the actual behavior of today's Americans. It would be seen as selfish, callous and ruthless only if it were actually articulated. Let's look at it.
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Video: This is the man a malaise-stricken America needs right now Allahpundit 4 hours ago