It's true that the "good old days" weren't always good, but we should also remember that our belief that we're completely superior to previous generations of Americans doesn't even remotely square with reality. It's fine to pat ourselves on the back for being wealthier, more educated and considerably less racist than we used to be, but we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that those less educated, backward people in their antiquated clothes were head and shoulders better than we are in a myriad of other ways. We should remember that the real problem isn't having a problem; it's having a...
So dog, You support silencing free speech you do not like? Answer: Yes you do. Without using a corporation to create media, no individual can satisfy all of the current legal, employment, campaign finance, and other rules required to legally speak. And worse - in many districts for any political speech to be lawful as against any specific candidate, the locals have to have a corporation to be in compliance with local time and manner and funding limitations. Not to mention - you cannot collect monies or collaborate without a corporate form unless you violate rules on taxation, financing, and selling equities/memberships/ownership. And it gets worse if more than a few persons participate. And worse if you need insurance.
- Russian ambassador: We’re making it easier for Latvian ethnic Russians to get citizenship Ed Morrissey 14 minutes ago
- Let the primaries begin: Rand Paul, Ted Cruz battle over foreign policy Allahpundit 54 minutes ago
- True Detective finale: greatest miniseries end ever? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- CPAC: Winners, losers, or just a debate? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Senate Democrats plan all-night global-warming talkathon in support of … er … Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Mystery of Flight 370 deepens Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago