It's true that the "good old days" weren't always good, but we should also remember that our belief that we're completely superior to previous generations of Americans doesn't even remotely square with reality. It's fine to pat ourselves on the back for being wealthier, more educated and considerably less racist than we used to be, but we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that those less educated, backward people in their antiquated clothes were head and shoulders better than we are in a myriad of other ways. We should remember that the real problem isn't having a problem; it's having a...
So dog, You support silencing free speech you do not like? Answer: Yes you do. Without using a corporation to create media, no individual can satisfy all of the current legal, employment, campaign finance, and other rules required to legally speak. And worse - in many districts for any political speech to be lawful as against any specific candidate, the locals have to have a corporation to be in compliance with local time and manner and funding limitations. Not to mention - you cannot collect monies or collaborate without a corporate form unless you violate rules on taxation, financing, and selling equities/memberships/ownership. And it gets worse if more than a few persons participate. And worse if you need insurance.
- Ed Henry goes there: Why is Obama fundraising after admitting he has no ISIS strategy? Noah Rothman 39 mins ago
- Change: Obama set to delay executive amnesty until after the midterms? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- End of an era: Chelsea Clinton leaves NBC Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Inside the collapse of Obama’s Syria ‘strategy’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Politico, WaPo, ABC: This “no strategy” comment will do serious damage Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- How many times does Josh Earnest have to say ‘strategy’ before you forget yesterday? Noah Rothman 4 hours ago