It's true that the "good old days" weren't always good, but we should also remember that our belief that we're completely superior to previous generations of Americans doesn't even remotely square with reality. It's fine to pat ourselves on the back for being wealthier, more educated and considerably less racist than we used to be, but we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that those less educated, backward people in their antiquated clothes were head and shoulders better than we are in a myriad of other ways. We should remember that the real problem isn't having a problem; it's having a...
"personhood" ---- Good point So Dog, What you don't know is that "persons" were never "heartbeats." Now for extra credit, go back and figure that one out. ...
- NYT: On second thought, Bush did pull together a coalition on Iraq Ed Morrissey 21 mins ago
- U.S. had Assad’s cooperation during strikes on targets in Syria Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Open thread: War president to address nation after targeting ISIS, Khorasan in Syria Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Yemen’s capital under near total control of Shiite rebels following bloody offensive Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- US hits Khorasan group in air strikes on Syria Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago