It's true that the "good old days" weren't always good, but we should also remember that our belief that we're completely superior to previous generations of Americans doesn't even remotely square with reality. It's fine to pat ourselves on the back for being wealthier, more educated and considerably less racist than we used to be, but we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that those less educated, backward people in their antiquated clothes were head and shoulders better than we are in a myriad of other ways. We should remember that the real problem isn't having a problem; it's having a...
"personhood" ---- Good point So Dog, What you don't know is that "persons" were never "heartbeats." Now for extra credit, go back and figure that one out. ...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: Phoenix business owner foils bank robbery by waiting at get-away car with his gun Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Obama: Hey, all these red-state Democrats running away from me are strong supporters who vote with me! Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: The ultimate gross-out Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Scary news from MoveOn: If Republicans win the Senate, they might use a dubious procedure known as “reconciliation” Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Should a minority elect an executive? Maine edition Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago