It's true that the "good old days" weren't always good, but we should also remember that our belief that we're completely superior to previous generations of Americans doesn't even remotely square with reality. It's fine to pat ourselves on the back for being wealthier, more educated and considerably less racist than we used to be, but we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that those less educated, backward people in their antiquated clothes were head and shoulders better than we are in a myriad of other ways. We should remember that the real problem isn't having a problem; it's having a...
"personhood" ---- Good point So Dog, What you don't know is that "persons" were never "heartbeats." Now for extra credit, go back and figure that one out. ...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Will 2014 be the year that Jews support the GOP? Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Flashpoint Hong Kong: China rules out democracy for the former British territory Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Your tax dollars at work: PBS to air pro-abortion “After Tiller” movie tomorrow Dustin Siggins 13 hours ago
- NFL Regular Season open thread Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Et tu, Di Fi? Feinstein sours on Obama’s ‘too cautious’ approach to ISIS Noah Rothman 16 hours ago