It's true that the "good old days" weren't always good, but we should also remember that our belief that we're completely superior to previous generations of Americans doesn't even remotely square with reality. It's fine to pat ourselves on the back for being wealthier, more educated and considerably less racist than we used to be, but we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that those less educated, backward people in their antiquated clothes were head and shoulders better than we are in a myriad of other ways. We should remember that the real problem isn't having a problem; it's having a...
"personhood" ---- Good point So Dog, What you don't know is that "persons" were never "heartbeats." Now for extra credit, go back and figure that one out. ...
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 34 minutes ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 3 hours ago
- Super-sized: Man loses 56 lbs eating nothing but McDonald’s Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Uh oh: Reports claim Ukrainian air force base in Sevastopol has been stormed by pro-Russian forces Allahpundit 4 hours ago