It's true that the "good old days" weren't always good, but we should also remember that our belief that we're completely superior to previous generations of Americans doesn't even remotely square with reality. It's fine to pat ourselves on the back for being wealthier, more educated and considerably less racist than we used to be, but we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that those less educated, backward people in their antiquated clothes were head and shoulders better than we are in a myriad of other ways. We should remember that the real problem isn't having a problem; it's having a...
"personhood" ---- Good point So Dog, What you don't know is that "persons" were never "heartbeats." Now for extra credit, go back and figure that one out. ...
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 46 mins ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Should Kirsten Gillibrand name the senator who told her “I like my girls chubby”? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Pence: Cheer up — we’re winning! Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago