It's true that the "good old days" weren't always good, but we should also remember that our belief that we're completely superior to previous generations of Americans doesn't even remotely square with reality. It's fine to pat ourselves on the back for being wealthier, more educated and considerably less racist than we used to be, but we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that those less educated, backward people in their antiquated clothes were head and shoulders better than we are in a myriad of other ways. We should remember that the real problem isn't having a problem; it's having a...
"personhood" ---- Good point So Dog, What you don't know is that "persons" were never "heartbeats." Now for extra credit, go back and figure that one out. ...
- New feminist advance: Adorable little girls dropping tons of F-bombs Allahpundit 31 mins ago
- Breaking: Gunman shoots soldier near Canadian parliament, shots fired inside Parliament Hill; Update: “Numerous gunmen,” says Ottawa PD; Update: 3rd site reports shooting; Update: PD says one gunman dead Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- This could be the most embarrassing New York Times editorial ever Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- IG: Secret Service op on behalf of employee in neighborhood dispute “problematic” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Jeanne Shaheen’s victory lap on chemical weapons in Syria exposes ignorance Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Autopsy shows Michael Brown shot twice at close range Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago