It's true that the "good old days" weren't always good, but we should also remember that our belief that we're completely superior to previous generations of Americans doesn't even remotely square with reality. It's fine to pat ourselves on the back for being wealthier, more educated and considerably less racist than we used to be, but we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that those less educated, backward people in their antiquated clothes were head and shoulders better than we are in a myriad of other ways. We should remember that the real problem isn't having a problem; it's having a...
"personhood" ---- Good point So Dog, What you don't know is that "persons" were never "heartbeats." Now for extra credit, go back and figure that one out. ...
- Sanitizing terror: Has the press distorted Islamic radical’s crusade against gay men? Noah Rothman 36 mins ago
- Family friend tells WaPo: Yes, Darren Wilson did suffer an eye socket fracture Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Let’s play ‘What if a GOP’er Said It’ with Harry Reid’s racially insensitive jokes Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- NATO: Russia has moved artillery units and personnel into Ukraine Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Hamas executes “collaborators” as Israeli air strikes target leadership Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- White House: That round of golf after the Foley video was released doesn’t show the depth of Obama’s grief Allahpundit 3 hours ago