It's true that the "good old days" weren't always good, but we should also remember that our belief that we're completely superior to previous generations of Americans doesn't even remotely square with reality. It's fine to pat ourselves on the back for being wealthier, more educated and considerably less racist than we used to be, but we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that those less educated, backward people in their antiquated clothes were head and shoulders better than we are in a myriad of other ways. We should remember that the real problem isn't having a problem; it's having a...
"personhood" ---- Good point So Dog, What you don't know is that "persons" were never "heartbeats." Now for extra credit, go back and figure that one out. ...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago