It's true that the "good old days" weren't always good, but we should also remember that our belief that we're completely superior to previous generations of Americans doesn't even remotely square with reality. It's fine to pat ourselves on the back for being wealthier, more educated and considerably less racist than we used to be, but we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that those less educated, backward people in their antiquated clothes were head and shoulders better than we are in a myriad of other ways. We should remember that the real problem isn't having a problem; it's having a...
"personhood" ---- Good point So Dog, What you don't know is that "persons" were never "heartbeats." Now for extra credit, go back and figure that one out. ...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 8 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 9 hours ago