The Inequality Bogeyman

Tony63 Wrote: Jan 29, 2014 6:51 PM
Once again, Dr. Sowell is spot on. I recently watched the 1940 Spencer Tracy movie "Edison, the Man." Great movie about a great man who started out penniless and homeless and ended up influencing all our lives. And to imagine he did it all without the government!
Yes, it is a return to democracy, or mob rule. Unfortunately, we live in a constitutional republic!
Ok, if it wasn't intentional why can't he do a do-over? Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm not holding my breath!
BTW, I love Batkid!!! One of the few things that brought a smile to my face that day. You go kid!
Why don't we put the same restrictions on SNAP that we do on WIC? These people have shown they can't make the right decisions in life in regards to themselves and their progeny. I'm sick of seeing people buying expensive food that I don't have the money to buy and putting on the SNAP card. Let them eat cereal, beans, rice, milk and eggs like the rest of us!

Who Shut Down the Government?

Tony63 Wrote: Oct 04, 2013 5:51 PM
Well said, my friend.

Who Shut Down the Government?

Tony63 Wrote: Oct 04, 2013 5:40 PM
Alex, I pray that you are wrong, but unfortunately current events (since 2009) seem to indicate that this great republic is in danger of going extinct.

Who Shut Down the Government?

Tony63 Wrote: Oct 04, 2013 5:13 PM
His picture is attached the article. You might have seen it if you actually read it. Liberals like yourself hate to have the shoe on the other foot, don't they?

Who Shut Down the Government?

Tony63 Wrote: Oct 04, 2013 4:46 PM
And, by the way, we are not a "Democratic nation" as you assert. We have a constitutional republic. If you do not know what that means, or the difference between the two, I feel sorry for you.

Who Shut Down the Government?

Tony63 Wrote: Oct 04, 2013 4:43 PM
Suggesting that a black conservative (who happens to have a PHD) needs to watch cartoon videos aimed at children strikes me as blatantly racist. As a lawyer who has actually studied Constitution law, taught it, and still practices (unlike our president and his wife) I can tell you that once again Dr. Sowell is spot on. You, ma'am, are a typical liberal. I need not resort to name-calling as your ilk tends to do. Being labeled a liberal is enough.