"After Moammar Gadhafi's downfall as Libya's tyrannical ruler, politicians and 'experts' in the U.S. and elsewhere, including French Foreign Minister Alain Juppe, are saying that his death marked the end of 42 years of tyranny and the beginning of democracy in Libya. Sen. Chris Coons, D-Del., said Gadhafi's death represented an opportunity for Libya to make a peaceful and responsible transition to democracy. House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, said, 'Now it is time for Libya's Transitional National Council to show the world that it will respect the rights of all...
The Arab "revolutions" has proven the axiom that "Revolution never lightens the load of tyranny, it's just shifted the load to another shoulder." Tyranny will continue to exist until all populations are armed against it and strong enough to defend their freedoms and refuse to give any of their freedoms up, for any reasons. When will people realise that even "PC" is a form of strident tyranny?
Here's the first paragraph of my last year's column "Democracy Is Impossible":
- Video: Inside the leak of the Tsarnaev capture photos Ed Morrissey 39 minutes ago
- New Hillary memoir to be titled “Hard Choices”? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Protip from Reid: Bundy supporters are “domestic terrorists,” y’know Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Ukraine deal not exactly embraced by either side Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Media Matters not super-keen on SEIU unionizing its employees Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago