The Inequality Bogeyman

tommy159 Wrote: Jan 28, 2014 4:12 PM
"...you have to work it out..." That is exactly what leads to erosion of freedom. "There is no such thing as absolute freedom." Says who?

The Inequality Bogeyman

tommy159 Wrote: Jan 28, 2014 3:55 PM
It wouldn't do any good. People will not believe what they don't want to believe. Show me a hardcore liberal, and I'll show you someone in denial of reality.

The 'Trickle-Down' Lie

tommy159 Wrote: Jan 09, 2014 9:37 AM
There is nothing new about this. For my entire life, Democrats have (successfully) hijacked conservative principles and twisted them around into a left wing talking point for their own political purposes. I recognized this chicanery at a very young age and have never voted for a Democrat in my life. Republicans are not perfect; however, in general, there is far more b/s being spewed from the left than what comes from the right. Democrats have to lie and misrepresent everything to achieve their agenda. They lied about Obamacare; they lied about the cause of the 2009 economic collapse; they lied about virtually everything while GW Bush was in office to make him look as bad as possible. Heck, they blamed a hurricane on him! Look at Obama; I can't recall the last time I heard him speak the complete truth about anything.

The 'Trickle-Down' Lie

tommy159 Wrote: Jan 09, 2014 9:31 AM
"The worst depressions in history were when taxes were lowest, as far as I can see from my research." Your research is tainted by your own obvious biases. Because tax rates were low, that means they caused economic turmoil? That is illogical and ridiculous. Recessions have occurred when taxes were relatively high too, so what does that mean?

Blacks and Obama

tommy159 Wrote: Dec 09, 2013 2:50 PM
The liberal media will not allow the Obama presidency to be cast as a failure, regardless what happens between now and January, 2017. The media has been in his back pocket from the beginning and, although some have criticized him of late, the media will be there to support his term in office when it is needed. Just as they proclaimed the 80s to be a "decade of greed" or the 00s under Bush to be a "lost decade," they will create the narrative that Obama's years were awesome. They have already underplayed the economy that has been in a rut since Obama entered the White House, blaming everything on his predecessor. They have virtually ignored the scandals that would have rocked any other administration to the core--from Benghazi to the IRS mess to Fast and Furious. Do not expect a media that ignored these transgressions during Obama's presidency to suddenly find interest in them once he is out of office. Childred will be told in history classes about the "historical" presidency; there will be little or no mention of its failures. Any problems that ensue from Obamacare and his weak foreign policy positions will be someone else's problems. Rest assured, the "success" of the Obama presidency was written before he even took his first Oath in January, 2009.

Random Thoughts

tommy159 Wrote: Nov 26, 2013 8:06 AM
Well put, David; right on point.

Random Thoughts

tommy159 Wrote: Nov 26, 2013 8:05 AM
Can you prove that "change" is always better than the status quo? Change for change sake is idiocy.

Random Thoughts

tommy159 Wrote: Nov 26, 2013 8:01 AM
Not true: I'm conservative, and I want to change ObamaCare back to what we had before. I want to change the resident of the White House. I want to change the majority in the Senate. You see, I'm all for the right kind of change.
In fact, the approval ratings for Congress have been quite low for a long, long time now--and it does not matter whether it is controlled by Dems or Republicans. This is because it is easier for people to declare in polls that they are not happy with a whole group of legislators than it is to say that they don't like one individual (i.e., the President). Congressional approval ratings were bad under GW Bush, when the Dems controlled all of Congress during the last two year of Bush's term. Also, I would hazard to guess, Obama's approval ratings are higher than they would be if not for an overly friendly media and the fact that many people still don't want to be seen as racists, so they stubbornly sink to the notion that nothing is Obama's fault.
The idea that "it is the law of the lang" so we should just accept it is absurd. Slavery was the "law of the land," wasn't it? Prohibition was the "law of the land," wasn't it? All laws are the law of the land, until they are changed. This is a bad law as it is written and being implemented. Even those who voted for it now admit that. It needs to be repealed and replaced.