I suspect the spike has something to do with redevelopment. Here in my town (I live in Minnesota, but it could be anywhere) the city has decided to spend tax dollars to buy up properties, some of which are in poor condition. They tear down the homes and sell off the properties to developers at rock bottom prices and then the developer builds McMansions that don't fit in the neighborhood. Suckers buy up the houses in the "revitalized" neighborhood in 2008 and by 2010 they are complaining to the city that some of their neighbors aren't rich snobs like they are. So the city buys up more property, to sell at a loss to developers.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Could Oregon’s First Lady sink the Governor next month? Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago