A Challenge to Our Beliefs

Tom2309 Wrote: Dec 04, 2013 6:52 AM
I always bristle when I hear one of those radio ads for some sort of new franchise business being promoted... "Buy one of our franchises and command the salary that you DESERVE." is what they always say. They tell total strangers out there in '"radio land" that each of them DESERVE whatever they want... PERIOD. I can only imagine how brain dead the people are who show up to buy one of those franchises... and imagine how quickly they find out that all they have proved to the world is that they deserve nothing.

A Challenge to Our Beliefs

Tom2309 Wrote: Dec 04, 2013 6:41 AM
Goldi .. while your beliefs (whatever they are) appear to have been derived via some sort of adult indoctrination, most others here have beliefs that were borne out of the life experiences they had (including those while they were growing, developing children), and the usual life challenges they faced. When we, as developing, learning children, are confronted with day-to-day challenges to me overcome, few of us do so by seeking out the guidance and direction of adults before taking action to deal with those challenges. In my days as a kid, I found that my "beliefs" were formed by the steps I took to overcome challenges. The steps I took that worked were filed in my mind's "This Approach Worked" file while my failing efforts were filed in the "Failed Approach" file in my young, developing brain. So the beliefs I have now are the summation of the principles I applied to my own, particular life successfully while other principles (some of which may have worked for others) I discarded. So you see, your HuffPo Talking Point approach you use to interrupt meaningful, back-and-forth discussions here is a shallow one devoid of any purpose. One may arrive at "conservative" beliefs but that will usually be a destination arrived at only by the process of trial-and-error. Maybe you should examine how YOUR beliefs - the taking point ones were developed. To me they seem to have no more depth that the thickness of your computer screen while it is tuned into the home pages of the NY Times, Slate and HuffPo.
Well played rwelch. Well played. Reagan was a Democrat indeed - before his party abandoned its own core principles. I am a registered member of the GOP but I see the same thing happening to the GOP. So, it is now a matter for me to decide if I change my registration to something else. While I can relate to much of what Libertarians believe, other parts of their core beliefs are contrary to mine. But I may change my registration to Independent or Libertarian to at least have some small effect on GOP registration roles in the hope that the GOP will see that they they are breeding new, 21st Century Reagans - those who are feeling abandoned by a party they once could affiliate with. And I will offer too that I am so offended by many entrenched members of the GOP who condemn the Tea Party that I just may enroll and send them membership dues just in reaction to the RINOs I truly do detest almost as much as Liberal Dems.

The Left Vs. the Redskins

Tom2309 Wrote: Aug 14, 2013 11:34 AM
Last week a CA city council said they wanted to ban the phrase "brown bag" (as in "brown bag lunch) from use in municipal discussions and documents (emails too) because someone told the council that some usage of "brown bag" was racist. Of course, I do not know anyone who thinks that... but to CA politicians, one person saying something, true or not, is cause to ban English words in combination so NOBODY can ever use those two words in combination again. Language tyranny? To a Liberal, tyranny is fine as long as they are the tyrant-in-charge.

Obama Will Make Blacks Vote Republican

Tom2309 Wrote: Jul 04, 2013 8:56 AM
Bingo !!

Obama Will Make Blacks Vote Republican

Tom2309 Wrote: Jul 04, 2013 8:55 AM
Ann, you are correct when you say: "Some will, some won't". But far too will not see it and the vast majority majority will continue to pull the Dem lever.

The Press And Dr. Faustus

Tom2309 Wrote: Jul 04, 2013 8:43 AM
There was a time when the word "journalist" was unheard of in America. People read the news written by reporters. Reporters focused on answering the basic reporter questions of "who, what, when, where and (if possible) why". Those were the basics and that was the news, Now we have legions of aganda-driven journalists all dedicating to "changing the world" or "making a difference" and we have less of the basics and lots of what is simply propaganda. There is little honor left in what passes as news reporting today. Like Congress, our contemporary news media has sold the public out for their own aganda-driven interests. I feel they are all too far gone to ever recant or repent - until the purges begin perhaps - and then it will be far too late for us all.

I Got 30 Million Reasons

Tom2309 Wrote: Jul 04, 2013 8:28 AM
BINGO Stephen... So much of what was Walt Disney in the 1950s educated American kids - little ones - so much better than the financial might of the US public education system. I recall The Ant and the Grasshopper.... a perfect representation of a disfunctional US society now... with one grasshopped for every hardworking ant.

I Got 30 Million Reasons

Tom2309 Wrote: Jul 04, 2013 8:24 AM
There are black organizations vocally opposed to amnesty for illegals. But the MSM certainly will not publicize that because Liberals know that 95% of black will vote for them regardless of what they do or do not do. You would think Al Sharpton and old race baiter Jesse Jackson would be loudly objecting to the Liberal sellout of black America, wouldn't you? All of the promotion of black causes will now take back seat to promotion of Latino causes - because american blacks signed up in mass to the Dem Party long ago and seem incapable of seeing the Liberal con.

I Got 30 Million Reasons

Tom2309 Wrote: Jul 04, 2013 8:18 AM
Please explain your libertarian position of amnesty Goldi... I would like to read it to compare it with my own objection to amnesty.

I Got 30 Million Reasons

Tom2309 Wrote: Jul 04, 2013 8:15 AM
But we have the utmost respect for those in uniform Goldi. You failed to see or acknowledge that. I guess agenda-driven arguments lack true candor - or real insight of the obvious.