In an interview with NPR, Whole Foods CEO John Mackey drew a lot of attention—and criticism—by comparing ObamaCare to “fascism.” He said, "Socialism is where the government owns the means of production. In fascism, the government doesn’t own the means of production, but they do control it—and that’s what’s happening with our health care programs and these reforms.” Now, he’s walking back the controversial statement even though his feelings about the health care law haven’t changed. On CBS This Morning, Mackey said it was “a bad choice of words” because it has an association with dictatorships in the 20th century....
In response to:
Yeah yeah, the state where fascism runs rampant. The only back-peddle in the People's Republic of Taxafornia is it's description as the "Golden State".
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Video: President shops at Gap same day his party loses bellwether election in swing state Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Sheila Jackson Lee: We’ve lasted some 400 years operating under the Constitution… Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Sebelius: Why, no, we have no idea who’s paid for their ObamaCare plans Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Tesla: Chris Christie’s administration just blocked us from selling our cars in New Jersey Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Obama to Putin: It’s not too late to rethink this Crimea thing, you know Allahpundit 8 hours ago