Many conservatives are still licking their wounds from election night, and understandably so. It was ugly almost any way you slice it. As we move beyond the initial stages of political mourning, an intense round of Righty fratricide is on the way. There will be nasty battles over the causes of Tuesday's mess, and vehement disagreements about where the Republican Party should go from here. One of the suggested paths will be to moderate on a host of issues. This approach may be wise on certain fronts, but wrong-headed on others. That's a separate discussion for another day. What...
If it were just Akin & Warren that would be one thing; but there are many more. Jesse Jackson Jr won a LANDSLIDE re-election from a psych ward at the Mayo Clinic. He's under criminal indictment and is in plea negotiations with the feds. Charles Rangel is a big-time tax cheat who should be in prison, let alone be re-elected for the second time after he was busted. On the other hand, Republican Duke Cunningham rots away in federal prison for taking payoffs. Bill Clinton serially harrassed women, perjured himself, was impeached (though not convicted by the Senate), but today is held in awe as the most popular Democrat in the country. This double-standard is allowed to exist because the media allows it to, promotes it, and uses it as a weapon.
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 6 hours ago