Many conservatives are still licking their wounds from election night, and understandably so. It was ugly almost any way you slice it. As we move beyond the initial stages of political mourning, an intense round of Righty fratricide is on the way. There will be nasty battles over the causes of Tuesday's mess, and vehement disagreements about where the Republican Party should go from here. One of the suggested paths will be to moderate on a host of issues. This approach may be wise on certain fronts, but wrong-headed on others. That's a separate discussion for another day. What...
If it were just Akin & Warren that would be one thing; but there are many more. Jesse Jackson Jr won a LANDSLIDE re-election from a psych ward at the Mayo Clinic. He's under criminal indictment and is in plea negotiations with the feds. Charles Rangel is a big-time tax cheat who should be in prison, let alone be re-elected for the second time after he was busted. On the other hand, Republican Duke Cunningham rots away in federal prison for taking payoffs. Bill Clinton serially harrassed women, perjured himself, was impeached (though not convicted by the Senate), but today is held in awe as the most popular Democrat in the country. This double-standard is allowed to exist because the media allows it to, promotes it, and uses it as a weapon.
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS, partly due to “liberal bias” Allahpundit 29 minutes ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: CPAC review, Lisa De Pasquale Ed Morrissey 31 minutes ago
- Ron Paul: Crimea has the right to join Russia, and U.S. sanctions would be “criminal” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- CPAC interviews: The candidates Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Amazing: Leader of authoritarian gulag state unanimously “elected” with 100 percent voter turnout Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Snowden Q&A overshadowed at SXSW by … Girls Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago