Everyone already knew Paul Ryan has a first-class intellect. Tonight, he proved that he has a first-class temperament, too. That's what was required to tolerate the histrionics trotted out by Joe Biden. Granted, everyone's always known Biden's got something quite a bit dimmer than a first-class intellect; tonight, he tried to compensate by bringing heat where he can't shed light. As a result, he was grinning, snorting, smirking, sighing, grimacing, interrupting -- and winding the whole thing up with a whine about Paul Ryan's time (when he himself had actually gotten more). Perhaps the creepiest part was his mugging through the...
In turning around the 2002 games, Mitt Willard Romney got a big helping hand from U.S. taxpayers. The federal government poured $1.5 billion into the Salt Lake games - more than twice the amount spent on any previous U.S. Olympics. Liberal Republican Senator John McCain called it a "fleecing" of the U.S. Treasury.
- Planned Parenthood teen sex education: You could get tied to a tree … Ed Morrissey 8 minutes ago
- Paul Ryan, 2016? Noah Rothman 48 minutes ago
- Obama: I don’t watch the news because I usually already know the stuff they’re reporting Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Perdue grabs surprise runoff victory over Kingston in Georgia Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Putin signals total disregard for the West as rebels take down two more Ukrainian planes Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- US intel: MH17 missile an SA-11 fired from eastern Ukraine Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago