Everyone already knew Paul Ryan has a first-class intellect. Tonight, he proved that he has a first-class temperament, too. That's what was required to tolerate the histrionics trotted out by Joe Biden. Granted, everyone's always known Biden's got something quite a bit dimmer than a first-class intellect; tonight, he tried to compensate by bringing heat where he can't shed light. As a result, he was grinning, snorting, smirking, sighing, grimacing, interrupting -- and winding the whole thing up with a whine about Paul Ryan's time (when he himself had actually gotten more). Perhaps the creepiest part was his mugging through the...
In turning around the 2002 games, Mitt Willard Romney got a big helping hand from U.S. taxpayers. The federal government poured $1.5 billion into the Salt Lake games - more than twice the amount spent on any previous U.S. Olympics. Liberal Republican Senator John McCain called it a "fleecing" of the U.S. Treasury.
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 22 mins ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 1 hour ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Fox News primetime hits record high ratings, MSNBC falls to record lows Gabriel Malor 2 hours ago
- Marquette poll: Walker now leads outside the margin of error, tops 50 percent support Guy Benson 3 hours ago
- The new New Math: Byzantine subtraction in Common Core Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago