Everyone already knew Paul Ryan has a first-class intellect. Tonight, he proved that he has a first-class temperament, too. That's what was required to tolerate the histrionics trotted out by Joe Biden. Granted, everyone's always known Biden's got something quite a bit dimmer than a first-class intellect; tonight, he tried to compensate by bringing heat where he can't shed light. As a result, he was grinning, snorting, smirking, sighing, grimacing, interrupting -- and winding the whole thing up with a whine about Paul Ryan's time (when he himself had actually gotten more). Perhaps the creepiest part was his mugging through the...
In turning around the 2002 games, Mitt Willard Romney got a big helping hand from U.S. taxpayers. The federal government poured $1.5 billion into the Salt Lake games - more than twice the amount spent on any previous U.S. Olympics. Liberal Republican Senator John McCain called it a "fleecing" of the U.S. Treasury.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 3 hours ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 5 hours ago