As I reported yesterday, President Obama gave a full defense of UN Ambassador Susan Rice's explanation of the 9/11 attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi. As a reminder, Rice went on five different Sunday shows five days after the attack and blamed the attack on a YouTube video despite the administration knew the attack was carried out by terrorists within 24 hours. President Obama said yesterday that Rice was simply following direction from the White House to present intelligence to the country that had been handed to her. Obama also said Rice had "nothing to do with Benghazi."...
Sounds like the President is concerned that Susan Rice is unable to accept responsibility or account for the blatantly untrue and unsupported representations she made to the American people. Apparently members of Congress should not addressing these concerns about Susan Rice because to do so would be "picking on her". Instead Congress should ignore their responsibilities and cut Susan Rice slack because she really does not know what she is talking about and cannot be expected to be a professional or competent on national security matters. Despite her incompetence, the President decrees her work for his administration "exemplary". Translation: he does not expect or want her to be competent or think, just say what he tells her to say.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Video: First case of Ebola found in the US Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Romney on 2016: “We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race. We’ll see what happens.” Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- NFL apologizes for penalizing player who prayed in end zone Jeff Dunetz 8 hours ago
- Should the next AG be … Republican? Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago