“Now the perception is, yes, women are here to stay,” Ginsburg told the conference. “And when I’m sometimes asked when will there be enough and I say when there are nine, people are shocked.”
Ginsburg said that no one has “ever raised a question” when nine men were serving on the bench.
Ginsburg added that she felt “lonely” on the bench when she was...
In response to:
Just what we need for a Nanny State: an all women Supreme Court, filled with Liberals. And the Constitution goes down the drain. Baby killing? OK Death Penalty for mass murderers? No. Spend $1million to keep them locked up---except for their leisurely play time, muscle building, and soap carving. Christmas decorations outside? Death penalty. Churches taxed into oblivion. Union power unchecked. And women considered one vote, while men have only a quarter vote. Yeah, Ginzberg. That's what we need.
Speaking at a 10th Circuit Bench & Bar Conference at the University of Colorado-Boulder, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg said she hopes to see an all-female Supreme Court one day. Via CBS:
- Quotes of the day Erika Johnsen 31 minutes ago
- Venezuela to US: You should probably come participate in a “peace commission” on all this violence you’ve caused Erika Johnsen 2 hour ago
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Exit polls show Crimea annexation wins 93% of vote while under Russian occupation Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago