What a fairy tale. Mature adults understand that earthquakes, hurricanes and other natural disasters are an unfortunate fact of life. They...
after the great of Chicago in 1871 what?
Just a few days after Hurricane Sandy devastated parts of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, the New York Times' Paul Krugman crowed triumphantly about the federal government's response to the disaster. "[A]fter Katrina the government seemed to have no idea what it was doing; this time it did. And that's no accident: the federal government's ability to respond effectively to disaster always collapses when antigovernment Republicans hold the White House, and always recovers when Democrats take it back."
- The value in silence: disconnection and recollection Ed Morrissey 13 minutes ago
- Semi-retired president reluctantly decides now’s not the time for a Jimmy Kimmel guest shot Allahpundit 53 minutes ago
- Madeleine Albright: Hamas putting civilians in line of fire hurts Israel’s ‘moral authority’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- FAA orders 24-hour moratorium on US to Tel Aviv over missile worries Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Raffi Williams, Dustin Siggins, William Jacobson Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Conservatives get a big 2014 boost from ‘fatal blow’ to Obamacare Noah Rothman 2 hours ago