What a fairy tale. Mature adults understand that earthquakes, hurricanes and other natural disasters are an unfortunate fact of life. They...
after the great of Chicago in 1871 what?
Just a few days after Hurricane Sandy devastated parts of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, the New York Times' Paul Krugman crowed triumphantly about the federal government's response to the disaster. "[A]fter Katrina the government seemed to have no idea what it was doing; this time it did. And that's no accident: the federal government's ability to respond effectively to disaster always collapses when antigovernment Republicans hold the White House, and always recovers when Democrats take it back."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago