I'm a non-partisan Independent Conservative, so I have no partisan loyalties clouding my assessment of Ronald Reagan, a former Democrat who raised taxes many times and committed perhaps the biggest mistake any president has thus far committed since Nixon took us off the gold standard: giving amnesty and thereby encouraging millions more job-stealing illegals to come here. To me, the best president we have had in the last hundred years or so was Ike Eisenhower, who mass-deported over 2 million illegals, mostly Mexicans, as an example to the rest [most of whom promptly took the hint and self-deported]. So it would not surprise me if Reagan would have disregarded the Constitution regarding "same-sex marriage" as well. Gay marriage is an...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: Canada’s Sergeant at Arms gets standing ovation after shooting terrorist while wearing tails Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Poll: Republican gubernatorial candidate up two points in…Illinois? Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Breaking: New Ebola case in NYC Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Obama: Hey Georgia, do me a solid and elect Michelle Nunn Guy Benson 8 hours ago
- FBI warns ISIS trying to kidnap journalists abroad Noah Rothman 8 hours ago