In response to:
If the farming industry pays at least the lawful Minimum Wage, they should have little problem getting vegetable pickers. The work is healthy out in the sun and fresh air, and a lot better working conditions than some of the jobs I've done in the past. The job market law of supply and demand may require above Minimum Wages in some areas. But that's only fair. The main reason why farming concerns love illegals is because they are willing to work for less than the Minimum Wage. A competitive wage is what's needed to weed out the loafers not willing to put in an honest day's work.
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 54 minutes ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Are bans on high capacity magazines constitutional? Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago