Those who talk glibly about redistribution often act as if people are just inert objects that can be placed here and there, like pieces on a chess board, to carry out some grand design. But if human beings have their own responses to government policies,...
How exactly do you think that Republicans do this?? An even better question is why do you not think that democtrats do it as well?? Government policies to regulate virtually any sector of the economy cost the poor and middle class more money as well as the wealthy. When gov regulates the energy sector like they are now with Cap and Trade or forcing energy companies to create more of their energy from "renewables" those costs of doing business are passed on to we the consumers which include the poor and middle class. In each case like this those are exactly the people who can least afford the increases. The wealthy barely feel the effects.
The recently discovered tape on which Barack Obama said back in 1998 that he believes in redistribution is not really news. He said the same thing to Joe the Plumber four years ago. But the surfacing of this tape may serve a useful purpose if it gets people to thinking about what the consequences of redistribution are.
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 52 minutes ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Afghan interpreters who aided US in danger of being left behind Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 13:1–23 Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago