It should come as no surprise that the rate of mass shootings at schools and in other public places is increasing. The surge has nothing to do with guns, which have been widely available in the U.S. for years. Gun control laws have been increasing. Instead, there is a direct correlation between the increase in violence and the gradual degradation of morals, ethics and parenting. We are cultivating mental illness in our society.
In response to:
Allison, do you hear yourself? Your ignorance is on full display. Please think before you type. The 2nd Amendment is about protecting our God given right to self defense and having the means to throw off a tyrannical Government. The word musket is nowhere in the Consitution, but the word Arms is. Growing up in the 50's and 60's guns were much easier to get than today. We didn't have background checks, and you could order a gun through the Sears catalog, yet there were no school shootings, mall shootings...why? What's changed ? I'll help you out, it's the cultural decay as Rachel has described. I've watched it happen inch by inch over my lifetime. Blaming guns is like blaming cars for drunk driving.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago