It should come as no surprise that the rate of mass shootings at schools and in other public places is increasing. The surge has nothing to do with guns, which have been widely available in the U.S. for years. Gun control laws have been increasing. Instead, there is a direct correlation between the increase in violence and the gradual degradation of morals, ethics and parenting. We are cultivating mental illness in our society.
In response to:
Allison, do you hear yourself? Your ignorance is on full display. Please think before you type. The 2nd Amendment is about protecting our God given right to self defense and having the means to throw off a tyrannical Government. The word musket is nowhere in the Consitution, but the word Arms is. Growing up in the 50's and 60's guns were much easier to get than today. We didn't have background checks, and you could order a gun through the Sears catalog, yet there were no school shootings, mall shootings...why? What's changed ? I'll help you out, it's the cultural decay as Rachel has described. I've watched it happen inch by inch over my lifetime. Blaming guns is like blaming cars for drunk driving.
- WaPo: Hillary adviser raised funds illegally for 2008 shadow campaign? Ed Morrissey 43 minutes ago
- Oh, by the way: Obama just quietly suspended ObamaCare’s individual mandate until 2016 Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Oh, it’s HBO! Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Issa releases scathing report on Lerner Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Obama: Health insurance isn’t expensive – just cancel cable and phones; Update: White House responds Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Washington, Europe getting serious about Russia sanctions over Crimea? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago