Democratic presidents Woodrow Wilson and John F. Kennedy spoke plainly about the fact that higher tax rates on individuals and businesses did not automatically translate into higher tax revenues for the government. Beyond some point, high tax rates on those with high incomes simply led to those incomes being invested in tax-free bonds, with the revenue from those bonds being completely lost to the government -- and the investments lost...
What you need to realize is #1) you use the word "allot" incorrectly. You meant "a lot". And #2) If you are i the higher, wealthier 1#, then you paid MORE for your "we all drive on tax funded highways" than anyone else did. So that begs the question for you and your Elizabeth Warren type of views, who the EFFF owes you a cent in EXTRA taxes??? YOU can create your own "Evil Corporation" tomorrow i Deleware or Nevada, or wherever... So what is stopping you, except complaining about others online with your own brilliant idea??? Been bitchslapped much? Well enjoy this one!
There was a time when Democrats and Republicans alike could talk sense about tax rates, in terms of what is best for the economy, without demagoguery about "tax cuts for the rich."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Confirmed: You can tell someone’s politics by their body odor Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Oh my: I think Romney’s going to run, says top Wall Street backer Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Election forecasters bearish on GOP? Senate models looking more Democratic by the day Noah Rothman 12 hours ago