Another one is South Dakota. Sen. Tim Johnson is finally retiring. Votes with Obama all the way. It comes from the culture that he comes from, the eastern part of the state could easily be called West Minnesota, with all that comes with it. Many of us who live in the west part of the state, Mount Rushmore, Black Hills wish that the dividing line between the states should have been north and south with the border at the Missouri river. In the same way, western Nebraska, western North Dakota are much more culturally aligned with Wyoming, Montana, Western Colorado, etc. I can't believe it will be a close race with whoever the Republicans and Democrats nominate, but depending on how east and west comparatively vote, it actually could be close. Just read that 9 counties in northeastern Colorado want to secede. Hmmmm. NE Colorado, (not Denver, Boulder) although I love the Broncos, west Nebraska, west South Dakota and west ND. Lots of oil reserves, better scenery in the Black HIlls than the Rockies. Oh wait, lets just do it but keep it a secret. We like it that way, don't necessarily want to be discovered.
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Look how the Export-Import Bank is using your tax money Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 20 hours ago