Great, let's legalize pot, tax it, and we can all breathe easier once we are stoned. Just throw in the towel. Forgive me for being so cynical, but seeing friends smoke themselves into oblivion, unemployment, failed marriages, and poor health is not something to root for in this day and age when we condemn alcoholism, smoking cigarettes, and drug abuse, legal or illegal. Of course, politicos like Newsome have to be cutting edge and hip. Of course, he will run when Jerry Brown leaves, and if he wins, California will deserve the consequences of his policies. Let me also say the medical marijuana's purpose of alleviating pain is understandable, but I question the wisdom of legalizing it for recreational purposes where everyone just lights up and trips out.
- CBO: Uhm, about Obama’s FY2015 budget proposal… it’s way more expensive than the White House claimed Erika Johnsen 39 minutes ago
- Jay Carney: The toughest interview Obama had in 2012 was with … Jon Stewart Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Be of good cheer, subjects: An heir to the throne is due Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Megan McArdle goes off on suspicious Census Bureau/Obamacare methodology switch Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Chris Christie on punishing drug users: If we’re going to be pro-life, let’s be pro-life all the way Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- The encore ObamaCare victory lap after the not-a-deadline-extension Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago