Before the ban went into effect last Sunday, high-end restaurants offered last-bite foie gras fare, and frantic foodies ran to gourmet shops to hoard up the last available portions. Even in San Francisco, where menus boast sustainable fish and local veggies, chichi eateries hosted last suppers for this most politically incorrect dish. It seems Californians have had their fill of laws that tell them what...
In response to:
We all have a steak in this discussion. Frankly, I like mine rare with lots of blood too. I guess someone will tell me that I am killing cow karma and should be ashamed of myself. I just wish California lawmakers would work on substantive issues and not bother with foie gras. Now if the author of this bill ate more beef and organ food the mental deficit he experiences might evaporate. Tofu is made from soy and soy has too much estrogen and it does something to rational thought. Ok, I have insulted everyone, but I haven't had my fix of steak yet....Forgive me...
John Burton has achieved the impossible. As the author of the 2004 bill that led to California's foie gras ban, the crusty former state senator, now chairman of the California Democratic Party, has made eating liver cool.
- A Trojan Horse on amnesty in the defense bill? Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Video: How to get kicked out of a Clay Aiken fundraiser Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 16 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 18 hours ago