Before the ban went into effect last Sunday, high-end restaurants offered last-bite foie gras fare, and frantic foodies ran to gourmet shops to hoard up the last available portions. Even in San Francisco, where menus boast sustainable fish and local veggies, chichi eateries hosted last suppers for this most politically incorrect dish. It seems Californians have had their fill of laws that tell them what...
In response to:
We all have a steak in this discussion. Frankly, I like mine rare with lots of blood too. I guess someone will tell me that I am killing cow karma and should be ashamed of myself. I just wish California lawmakers would work on substantive issues and not bother with foie gras. Now if the author of this bill ate more beef and organ food the mental deficit he experiences might evaporate. Tofu is made from soy and soy has too much estrogen and it does something to rational thought. Ok, I have insulted everyone, but I haven't had my fix of steak yet....Forgive me...
John Burton has achieved the impossible. As the author of the 2004 bill that led to California's foie gras ban, the crusty former state senator, now chairman of the California Democratic Party, has made eating liver cool.
- The unbearable lightness of Hillary, 2016 Noah Rothman 33 mins ago
- Great news: 36% of Americans can name all three branches of government Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- US Navy spying on private citizens? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Senate’s possible 2016 hopefuls gambling that ISIS war will be unpopular soon Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Biden to women’s conference: I miss Republicans like Bob Packwood Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Bob Beckel: Get ready for an October surprise, Republicans Allahpundit 3 hours ago