I refuse to apologize for my stand on immigration. I welcome any immigrant who comes into this country having fulfilled all the requirements set forth by the government, which includes having a sponsor and a job. I oppose any ILLEGAL immigrant who crossed into this country, in many cases as a drug mule, openly ignoring immigration laws and performing a criminal act merely with their presence. I resent the fact that my hard earned tax dollars pay for these ILLEGALs' housing, food, schooling for their children, and medical care. I also resent the fact that the excuse is given that the ILLEGALs only do work that citizens refuse to do. Citizens aren't even given a chance at these jobs, because they would expect to be paid the legal wage,
On Wednesday evening former Secretary of State Condi Rice picked a fight with a large and vocal section of the Republican base, and I’m glad she did. This confrontation is long overdue. Zero-tolerance law-and-order rhetoric about the immigration issue has become the standard for talk radio and other conservative circles, and I think that this fact puts much of the conservative movement at odds with two of its most important foundations: a view of compassion derived from the Biblical tradition, and a commitment to economic freedom and limited government as an optimistic upward path to prosperity.
Here’s what she said:...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Of course: 2014 Obama’s position on Ex-Im Bank is the opposite of 2008 Obama’s Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Wes Clark: Clinton had an opportunity to go in on the ground to get Bin Laden but it was “a lot of logistics” Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- I guess we need to talk about Joe Biden skinny dipping, huh? Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Obama: This congressional deadlock on immigration means “I’m going to have to act alone” Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago