Emeril is not Cajun; he's Portugese.

Pride and Perjury

Tired in Texas Wrote: Sep 25, 2014 1:52 PM
"For one liberal it's wrong to steal but for another it's OK for whatever the reason." For most liberals, it's OK to steal, as long as you aren't stealing from them. And they do it every day with the taxes we pay -- welfare, housing, Obama phones, food stamps, student loans that won't have to be paid back, etc.

3 Mistakes Hannah Graham Made

Tired in Texas Wrote: Sep 24, 2014 1:51 PM
No, Giles is saying that you should learn skills to protect yourself so that you don't have to live in fear of rape and murder. Learn how to protect yourself. Remember the movie Miss Congeniality and Sandra Bullock's demonstration -- head butt, elbow to the solar plexus, fist to the groin, and foot stomp. Simple moves. And if your area allows concealed carry, then get a gun and a permit. Don't tell anyone you are carrying, but empower yourself. His rules are the same as the ones I gave my daughter when she first started dating. (1) Dress modestly. Men are visual creatures and the more skin you show, the more excited they get. (2) Don't get drunk. Don't even get tipsy. If you can't have a good time sober, you probably shouldn't be wherever it is you are. And when you get drunk, you lose control of yourself, and someone else finds it easier to take control of you. (3) Stay with your friends. You came as a group, so leave as a group. And (4) Nothing good happens after midnight. Drunks are roaming the streets behind the wheel of a 1,000 lb. (or more) weapon. If it comes to a confrontation between you and a car/truck, you will always lose. We sat down and listened to Donna Summers' "Last Dance" and I asked her to tell me what she was hearing. Her answer, desperate people who didn't want to be alone and who would hook up with anybody just to have a little companionship.

3 Mistakes Hannah Graham Made

Tired in Texas Wrote: Sep 24, 2014 1:36 PM
"ALL of the 'victims' are victims of the same oppressors: White males of European descent!" Are you nuts? White males of European descent do not have a monopoly on being oppressors. If this was the case, there wouldn't be a Mafia, Asian Tongs, Pol Pot, Al Kaida, the Muslim Brotherhood, black-on-black murder in Chicago. Ghenghis Khan would not have conquered the majority of the known world. The Japanese wouldn't have bombed Pearl Harbor and treated their POWs horrendously. The North Koreans and North Vietnamese wouldn't have tortured and maimed POWS. People are people, no matter what their lineage, and human nature is the same whether you are white, brown, black, yellow or red.
I agree with Dr. Carson. Rather than just throwing him out, the NFL should have put him on an indefinite suspension without pay and required him AND his wife to go through counselling. He is guilty of physical abuse, but she is equally guilty of allowing herself to be abused. They both need a major attitude adjustment. Human beings are not punching bags. Once they have completed the counselling and have been cleared by the counselor, the NFL can then review the matter and decide whether he should be reinstated or fired.
I don't mean to seem unfeeling, but one person dies in a 6.0 earthquake and it deserves a Reuters article?. Why not an article about the 200 people who were injured or the $80 million of damage to the crops?. Is her family going to sue the manufacturer of the TV or the company that made or sold the bracket it was mounted on? Aren't there more important things going on in the world that need to have articles printed. Benghazi, the IRS "missing emails", ISIS.

A Question for Israel’s Critics

Tired in Texas Wrote: Jul 21, 2014 2:18 PM
I continue to hold onto Genesis 12:2-3. "I [G-d] will bless those who bless you [Abraham and his descendants] and I will curse those who curse you." America needs to continue to support Israel and reap G-d's blessings and not His curses.

A Question for Israel’s Critics

Tired in Texas Wrote: Jul 21, 2014 2:15 PM
Israel gave Gaza to the Palestinians. They removed every Israeli citizen and left their entire infrastructure for the Palestinians. Rather than building on what the Israelis had started, the Palestinians allowed Hamas to spread its poison of hate and destruction, hiding their rockets within mosques, hospitals, schools and homes. Hamas encourages the "scores of civilians and children" to stay even when the Israelis warn them to leave, thus guaranteeing that there will be civilian casualties. And Hamas calls Israel "the Little Satan". If it ever does destroy Israel, they will come after "the Big Satan", the United States Then you will see 9/11 terrorism on a massive scale in the US.

A Question for Israel’s Critics

Tired in Texas Wrote: Jul 21, 2014 2:05 PM
They are tweeting things like #GiveBackOurGirls
Or he is actually pro-abortion and lied to his constituents in order to get elected.

How to Fight Sexual Assault

Tired in Texas Wrote: Jul 11, 2014 4:10 PM
I began drinking when I was 15 and stopped when I was 20, and on NO occasion during those years did I ever get drunk. You know why? Because my mother explained that when you get drunk, you give control of yourself to someone else, and that someone else may or may not care what you want. So, to stay in control, do not get drunk. For years, I have watched people of all ages go our with the goal of getting drunk, and I have seen people taken advantage of physically, emotionally and monetarily. I have seen the damage done by drunk drivers. And I thank the Lord that I never put myself into that position.