I agree with Dr. Carson. Rather than just throwing him out, the NFL should have put him on an indefinite suspension without pay and required him AND his wife to go through counselling. He is guilty of physical abuse, but she is equally guilty of allowing herself to be abused. They both need a major attitude adjustment. Human beings are not punching bags. Once they have completed the counselling and have been cleared by the counselor, the NFL can then review the matter and decide whether he should be reinstated or fired.
I don't mean to seem unfeeling, but one person dies in a 6.0 earthquake and it deserves a Reuters article?. Why not an article about the 200 people who were injured or the $80 million of damage to the crops?. Is her family going to sue the manufacturer of the TV or the company that made or sold the bracket it was mounted on? Aren't there more important things going on in the world that need to have articles printed. Benghazi, the IRS "missing emails", ISIS.

A Question for Israel’s Critics

Tired in Texas Wrote: Jul 21, 2014 2:18 PM
I continue to hold onto Genesis 12:2-3. "I [G-d] will bless those who bless you [Abraham and his descendants] and I will curse those who curse you." America needs to continue to support Israel and reap G-d's blessings and not His curses.

A Question for Israel’s Critics

Tired in Texas Wrote: Jul 21, 2014 2:15 PM
Israel gave Gaza to the Palestinians. They removed every Israeli citizen and left their entire infrastructure for the Palestinians. Rather than building on what the Israelis had started, the Palestinians allowed Hamas to spread its poison of hate and destruction, hiding their rockets within mosques, hospitals, schools and homes. Hamas encourages the "scores of civilians and children" to stay even when the Israelis warn them to leave, thus guaranteeing that there will be civilian casualties. And Hamas calls Israel "the Little Satan". If it ever does destroy Israel, they will come after "the Big Satan", the United States Then you will see 9/11 terrorism on a massive scale in the US.

A Question for Israel’s Critics

Tired in Texas Wrote: Jul 21, 2014 2:05 PM
They are tweeting things like #GiveBackOurGirls
Or he is actually pro-abortion and lied to his constituents in order to get elected.

How to Fight Sexual Assault

Tired in Texas Wrote: Jul 11, 2014 4:10 PM
I began drinking when I was 15 and stopped when I was 20, and on NO occasion during those years did I ever get drunk. You know why? Because my mother explained that when you get drunk, you give control of yourself to someone else, and that someone else may or may not care what you want. So, to stay in control, do not get drunk. For years, I have watched people of all ages go our with the goal of getting drunk, and I have seen people taken advantage of physically, emotionally and monetarily. I have seen the damage done by drunk drivers. And I thank the Lord that I never put myself into that position.

The Lessons of the First Time

Tired in Texas Wrote: Jul 11, 2014 3:17 PM
This is the consequence of low information voters who hear with the feelings instead of their ears. Democrats tug on the heartstrings, whether or not what they are saying is actually true. And Republicans have trouble getting their message across, or they pick the wrong spokes person (i.e., Boehner, Rove, Priebus instead of Rubio, Cruz and Lee).

The Lessons of the First Time

Tired in Texas Wrote: Jul 11, 2014 3:17 PM

The Redemption of George Wallace

Tired in Texas Wrote: Jul 11, 2014 3:08 PM
"The GOP is as white as ever. " I'm sure Adam West, Marco Rubio, Starr Parker, Michelle Malkin, Ben Carson, Ted Cruz and thousands of black, Hispanic and Asian voters (including me) would disagree with that statement. I don't hate the LGBT community; I just don't want them to force me to say I agree with them 100%; I will support their right to participate in sexual practices that God calls an abomination. I don't hate immigration; however, there is a difference between legal and illegal. Don't come across the border unless you have the proper documentation and are prepared to become a productive citizen and not someone sucking off the government tit. And I don't hate the poor. I hate what the government has done to make them uneducated and dependent instead of educated, independent, productive citizens who would rather work for what they have.