THe legislation wouldn't quite constitute a debt ceiling "hike." What it would do, instead, is declare the statutory debt limit shall not apply" until May 18. And, as Suzy Khimm details, "the debt limit would automatically be increased to account for borrowing that occurred during that period." What number that...
In response to:
House Rethugs can't find their way out of a paper bag, let alone keep the country from defaulting on bills the House Rethugs ran up. What a pathetic bunch of teabagging morons. Kissyerasses bye bye, teabaggers. Your GOP is a festering appendage and were patiently waiting for the hacksaw to cut it off once and for all.
Following the House GOP retreat last week, reports leaked that Republican leadership would bring a debt ceiling hike to the floor of the House. It's happening soon - text of the legislation is out now and the House could vote on it as soon as tomorrow.
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 2 mins ago
- NC SEN: Is the race ‘tight as a tick?’ Matt Vespa 42 mins ago
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 2 hours ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Fox News primetime hits record high ratings, MSNBC falls to record lows Gabriel Malor 3 hours ago