THe legislation wouldn't quite constitute a debt ceiling "hike." What it would do, instead, is declare the statutory debt limit shall not apply" until May 18. And, as Suzy Khimm details, "the debt limit would automatically be increased to account for borrowing that occurred during that period." What number that...
In response to:
House Rethugs can't find their way out of a paper bag, let alone keep the country from defaulting on bills the House Rethugs ran up. What a pathetic bunch of teabagging morons. Kissyerasses bye bye, teabaggers. Your GOP is a festering appendage and were patiently waiting for the hacksaw to cut it off once and for all.
Following the House GOP retreat last week, reports leaked that Republican leadership would bring a debt ceiling hike to the floor of the House. It's happening soon - text of the legislation is out now and the House could vote on it as soon as tomorrow.
- Next co-host of “The View”: Meghan McCain? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- ObamaCare premiums in MN heading for double-digit increases? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Finally: Obama nominated for his first Emmy Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- IRS employee suspended for urging taxpayers to ‘reelect President Obama’ Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Shannon Goessling, Kurt Schlichter Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago