Not only was former President George W. Bush criticized for "authorizing torture," his critics argued that "torture doesn't work." During the 2008 presidential campaign, then-Sen. Barack Obama said: "Torture is how you get bad information, not good intelligence. ... No more secret authorization of methods like simulated drowning. When I am President, America will once again be the country that stands up...
Herman, I disagree with that ONE decision of Roberts but most of his others were fine. Disagreeing on one case does not make him a bad pick. We were right to go into both Afghanistan and Iraq, and in Iraq the Surge was right. ANd yes I lost dear close friends in both places, volunteered in formal written forms to go to Afghanistan and went to Iraq two times (and volunteered to go a third) Yes I miss Bush, 5% unemployment? gas under $2.00 , economy doing well and mostly thge handling of the aftermath of 9/11 I think he had a few bad calls but he was a very good president
In "Zero Dark Thirty," the movie about the killing of Osama bin Laden, one of the first scenes shows a terrorist being waterboarded, where useful information gets extracted. The movie thus asserts the controversial practice leads to actionable intelligence.
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 19 hours ago