Not only was former President George W. Bush criticized for "authorizing torture," his critics argued that "torture doesn't work." During the 2008 presidential campaign, then-Sen. Barack Obama said: "Torture is how you get bad information, not good intelligence. ... No more secret authorization of methods like simulated drowning. When I am President, America will once again be the country that stands up...
Herman, I disagree with that ONE decision of Roberts but most of his others were fine. Disagreeing on one case does not make him a bad pick. We were right to go into both Afghanistan and Iraq, and in Iraq the Surge was right. ANd yes I lost dear close friends in both places, volunteered in formal written forms to go to Afghanistan and went to Iraq two times (and volunteered to go a third) Yes I miss Bush, 5% unemployment? gas under $2.00 , economy doing well and mostly thge handling of the aftermath of 9/11 I think he had a few bad calls but he was a very good president
In "Zero Dark Thirty," the movie about the killing of Osama bin Laden, one of the first scenes shows a terrorist being waterboarded, where useful information gets extracted. The movie thus asserts the controversial practice leads to actionable intelligence.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Teamsters appeal to “Top Chef” for employment by threatening to bash in Padma Lakshmi’s face Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- “Today is a miraculous day”: Dr. Kent Brantly speaks after recovering from Ebola Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- YouGov poll: Most Americans, and most Democrats, do not wish Hillary had won in 2008 Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Report: Obama’s Bergdahl swap violated the law Noah Rothman 12 hours ago