Not only was former President George W. Bush criticized for "authorizing torture," his critics argued that "torture doesn't work." During the 2008 presidential campaign, then-Sen. Barack Obama said: "Torture is how you get bad information, not good intelligence. ... No more secret authorization of methods like simulated drowning. When I am President, America will once again be the country that stands up...
Herman, I disagree with that ONE decision of Roberts but most of his others were fine. Disagreeing on one case does not make him a bad pick. We were right to go into both Afghanistan and Iraq, and in Iraq the Surge was right. ANd yes I lost dear close friends in both places, volunteered in formal written forms to go to Afghanistan and went to Iraq two times (and volunteered to go a third) Yes I miss Bush, 5% unemployment? gas under $2.00 , economy doing well and mostly thge handling of the aftermath of 9/11 I think he had a few bad calls but he was a very good president
In "Zero Dark Thirty," the movie about the killing of Osama bin Laden, one of the first scenes shows a terrorist being waterboarded, where useful information gets extracted. The movie thus asserts the controversial practice leads to actionable intelligence.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 6 hours ago