I've been critical of Republican tactics and messaging this week, so let's give credit where it's due: Moments ago, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell took to the floor and offered an immediate vote on President Obama's fiscal cliff plan, which shocked the Beltway late last week. (In case you're keeping score at home, this was the surreal proposal that induced McConnell to laugh out loud as it was outlined by Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner). Harry Reid quickly objected and shut the whole thing down, labeling the suggestion a "stunt." Think about that. The President of the United States,...
In response to:
The Republicans DID offer an alternative, ,, It was a variation but essentially much the same as the Boles Simpson Plan.
- National Journal: Loss in HHS contraception mandate case would “restrict access” for women Ed Morrissey 31 minutes ago
- Business groups “blindsided” by Obama overtime redefinition Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Trey Gowdy on Obama’s power grabs: “How does going from being a senator to a president re-write the Constitution?” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Criminal probe opening in GM recall? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Jolly win has Dems worried about ObamaCare … messaging Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Obama warns Russia of “cost” in Crimea Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago