I've been critical of Republican tactics and messaging this week, so let's give credit where it's due: Moments ago, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell took to the floor and offered an immediate vote on President Obama's fiscal cliff plan, which shocked the Beltway late last week. (In case you're keeping score at home, this was the surreal proposal that induced McConnell to laugh out loud as it was outlined by Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner). Harry Reid quickly objected and shut the whole thing down, labeling the suggestion a "stunt." Think about that. The President of the United States,...
In response to:
The Republicans DID offer an alternative, ,, It was a variation but essentially much the same as the Boles Simpson Plan.
- US ponders military intervention in Syria as well as Iraq Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Friday night document dump: Yet another “accommodation” on HHS mandate Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Teachers unions angry with Obama staff “sellouts” Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Elite northeastern college town very worried about becoming Ferguson Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 18 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 18 hours ago