One of the strongest elements of Mitt Romney's spectacular debate performance was his decisive rejoinder to the president's oft-repeated allegation that the Republican plans to raise taxes on middle class families. Obama said Romney has designs on an unpaid-for $5 trillion tax cut that would eventually necessitate higher tax bills for average Americans. Romney flatly rejected the claim by calling it false, then explained what he actually has in mind. But the president returned to the "$5 trillion" well on several subsequent occasions, prompting more rebuttals from his challenger. FactCheck.org and CNN reviewed Obama's accusation, and found it wanting....
In response to:
Joseph, I have 5 combat deployments. On all of them, we did not lock and load while on base camps unless we were in the towers or on perimeter, guard duty etc. We had our weapons and Ammo magazines with us, and only loaded when we left base camp (or were on guard). Even then on three of my deployments we did not "lock" (which as you probably know but others may not means loading a round in the chamber).
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 58 minutes ago
- Ebola: First case coming to America Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Is Romney poised for a comeback? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Baffling gun-control ad from Mike Bloomberg’s group draws inevitable response Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Democratic Senator calls for CIA director’s resignation for spying on Congress Noah Rothman 4 hours ago