End Torture, Shut Down the CIA

Tinsldr2 Wrote: 12 hours ago (6:41 PM)
Tin, I haven't said anything about the CIA terrorizing its own citizens...... Then there is NO comparison between them, the Stasi , the KGB or the Gestapo.

End Torture, Shut Down the CIA

Tinsldr2 Wrote: 12 hours ago (6:36 PM)
nobody AT ABU GHRAIB WAS WATERBOARDED But as usual, the Paulbots do not care

End Torture, Shut Down the CIA

Tinsldr2 Wrote: 16 hours ago (2:52 PM)
Every agency has a SPECIFIC area of expertise and of course there is some overlap and a LOT of sharing of information. The NSA is concerned primarily with Signals Intelligence. (and if he had called for shutting them down I almost might agree) .... But the CIA uses that Signal intelligence (captured radio waves, telephone calls and emails) in developing their assessments as do other agencies. Some are focused at the tactical level, where is an enemy position located with reference to friendly forces, and some is more generalized to a higher level assessment as in "this specific warlord is planning to do X" Specific roles require specific organizations and since the CIA has been created we have lost fewer Military in all the wars combined then we had in either of the two previous wars.

End Torture, Shut Down the CIA

Tinsldr2 Wrote: 16 hours ago (2:44 PM)
You made my point Eric. I didn't miss it. You tried to show scale by pointing to an evil thing, and saying more of the SAME evil is still evil. But the CIA is not evil. An agency carrying out legitimate covert operations and intelligence gathering information on OTHER countries and foreign enemies is not the same thing as an agency terrorizing it's own citizens.

End Torture, Shut Down the CIA

Tinsldr2 Wrote: 16 hours ago (2:39 PM)
made me laugh,,,,,,, the country he blames for all the bad stuff in the world? That is the country he loves? Imagine if I went around talking about all this rotten stuff my son did and blaming him for the worlds problems and when people said why do you disparage your son, I replied "because I love him"

Federal court: Virginia marriage is for all

Tinsldr2 Wrote: 16 hours ago (2:36 PM)
because it is 'icky' when they do it, or religion tells some people it is wrong to do it.

Federal court: Virginia marriage is for all

Tinsldr2 Wrote: 16 hours ago (2:26 PM)
If there is "no legitimate government reason for denying same sex couples from getting married", then there is no similarly no legitimate reason for denying the others as well............ When you were in the Navy, you either knew married Sailors or were married. I was married most of the time I served in the Army. Our spouses got benefits, to include; housing, base privileges not limited to Commisary, PX MWR facility etc, health insurance, legal assistance if needed, job assistance etc. I married 100 women and each of those married 100 men who were married to a 100 woman how would the Gov provide benefits? Who gets my tax benefit when I am deployed? Who gets my retirement? Who can live in housing? The same applies to any of the over 1100 benefits the Gov provides married couples. So the Gov does have a rational reason to limit the amount of people in a marriage.

Federal court: Virginia marriage is for all

Tinsldr2 Wrote: 17 hours ago (2:19 PM)
And they don't wear pants on the other side of France But they do wear fleece to protect them from the beasts Monster! Monster! Oh gee, a great big monster There's a monster on the run and it wants to have have some fun When it flies hup in the air, all the people stop and stare The guys give a yell and the girls start to shriek When they see its giant claws and it razor sharp beak Gosh would you look at that thing And I thought dinosaurs were extinct Aaaaah! There I addressed France with some B-52 lyrics .... You can not marry a dog in France and have LEGAL recognition. (well unless you include a human but UGLY French Girl). In American, France and any other FREE or somewhat free country, you can have a ceremony in your house with a shaman, or spiritual leader and have a ceremony marrying your Dog, the same way my son married a girl on the playground when they were both four with the other neighborhood kids playing along. But it has no more legal significance then four year olds playing house.

End Torture, Shut Down the CIA

Tinsldr2 Wrote: 17 hours ago (1:57 PM)
ericynot1 Wrote: 3 minutes ago (1:48 PM) So, Tin, if someone kills your daughter, it's not that big a deal because Ted Bundy killed 30 or more? ...................... Thank you for proving my point again Eric. I have no fear that the CIA will kill my children. None. Unless he goes to a foreign country and commits war or supports terrorists in a foreign country. In which case he deserves what he gets. But if I lived in Nazi Germany or Russia under the KGB I would have a real fear of the secret police kicking in my door and taking me or the child because of our dissenting political views. Do terrorists around the world fear the CIA kicking in their doors? I wish and hope they do.

End Torture, Shut Down the CIA

Tinsldr2 Wrote: 17 hours ago (1:50 PM)
gee it is so hard to answer: ONI deals with naval intelligence focusing on maritime intelligence and moving that intelligence rapidly to key strategic, operational, and tactical decision makers. The CIA mission is to: Preempt threats and further US national security objectives by collecting intelligence that matters, producing objective all-source analysis, conducting effective covert action as directed by the President, and safeguarding the secrets that help keep our Nation safe. naval intelligence isa department of the navy function to help navy decision makers in their tactical decisions. they provide the navy commanders with information on the enemies naval threats and dangers to navy operations. The CIA is a national strategic organization advising the President and carrying out covert activities at his direction in accordance with congressional authorizations