No Longer a Republican

Tinsldr2 Wrote: 42 mins ago (3:01 PM)
Gungy thank you for proving my point Both Bush and Romney feel that their policies are completely in agreement with the principles you suggest and are light-years apart from a Hillary but vary with you slightly and that is mostly nuance application. Yet because you agree 95% with them not a 100% you would rather Hilary with whom you believe maybe 5% or less become president

No Longer a Republican

Tinsldr2 Wrote: 1 hour ago (2:19 PM)
Romney and Bush would agree with every position you listed.

No Longer a Republican

Tinsldr2 Wrote: 1 hour ago (1:57 PM)
I was in the Army and I stared actual Islamic Terrorists picked up on a battlefield in the eye I notice how you cowardly avoided my MAIN point? I guess we know why

No Longer a Republican

Tinsldr2 Wrote: 2 hours ago (1:34 PM)
A conservative AGREES with him 95% of the time and always in principle but may disagree slightly in the way to achieve that principle. This is something he and barber can not tolerate. A TRUE CONSERVATIVE agrees with him 100% he would rather let Hillary win then vote for a Conservative if a "true conservative" is not running

No Longer a Republican

Tinsldr2 Wrote: 2 hours ago (1:26 PM)
Fuzzy2 Wrote: 10 mins ago (1:05 PM) Its about time Matt. Let others vote for evil............... Care to define evil? Is voting for a pro-life candidate evil if the opponent is pro baby murder? If one is in favor of low taxes, or specifically would prefer no federal income tax but understands that until we persuade more Americans low taxes is best we will get, and the other is for increased taxes, is it evil to vote for lower taxes? Is it evil to vote for pro 2nd amendment, pro domestic energy, pro-business growth policy? If you think those things are EVIL then we have vastly differing definitions of evil. In fact I think not doing every thing you can to stop the pro baby murder, tax raising, gun taking, anti drilling, socialists is closer to evil. Republicans are far from PERFECT but most are also equally far from evil. But maybe when you have stared actual Islamic Terrorists picked up on a battlefield in the eye you get a differing perspective on Evil.

No Longer a Republican

Tinsldr2 Wrote: 2 hours ago (1:17 PM)
Murder deprives another person of the right to life. So the Gov makes a valid rule against it. That is vastly different then legislating a moral code based solely on religion. In the Christian religion, The Greatest Commandment is to love God (paraphrase but see Mark 12:28-31) . To not believe in or denounce God can be seen by Christians as one of the greatest moral violations a person can make. Yet it is perfectly legal to do just that. In fact Jefferson said “The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.” It may be a moral code we follow at the Fed Gov level but it is not a Christian moral code. Look at the laws against smoking pot. Where is that in the bible? Look at laws against purchasing alcohol before age 21? I think it should be 18 or anyone in the Military but those are based on my morality and neither age restriction 18 nor 21 is based on biblical moral codes

No Longer a Republican

Tinsldr2 Wrote: 2 hours ago (1:17 PM)

No Longer a Republican

Tinsldr2 Wrote: 2 hours ago (1:02 PM)
There was enough groundswell against a single issue which was one of the greatest evils of human history to get Lincoln and his party elected. it was a pretty unique (but not entirely unique) set of circumstances

No Longer a Republican

Tinsldr2 Wrote: 3 hours ago (11:56 AM)
Well said max, here is part of what I wrote earlier, but you seem to be the only other person I saw that picked up on it Tinsldr2 Wrote: 2 hours ago (9:50 AM) .....The next thing he says is so incredibly bigoted it is mind boggling “replacing them with Bible-believing conservative Christians. Every single one” Can you imagine a candidate running on that? Not a single vote or Dollar from a Jew, atheist, agnostic or Hindu or other? We already poll very badly among that crowd? Is the bigot Matt saying those people can not Support the same Conservative Values I support of : Small Limited Gov, Pro Business growth policy with Low Taxation More local and state control verse centralized control Strong National Defense and secured borders with no amnesty Pro 2nd Amendment and Pro-life agenda, (sticking to the US Constitution) Is Matt saying ONLY a Christian can hold those positions? Is he saying the party should tell every Non-Christian do not vote for us we will regulate you to 2nd class status? Because plenty of Christians disagree with those Conservative Positions and many non-christians agree with those positions. We should base Gov service solely on the belief in the conservative message and not the manner in which they worship God.

No Longer a Republican

Tinsldr2 Wrote: 3 hours ago (11:50 AM)
TheWoz Wrote: 13 mins ago (11:22 AM) WJF Wrote: "What is the point of voting Third Party when they cannot do what you want them to do?" If traitors like you would loosen their tin-foil hats and started voting for……… ……………………………. It is hard to imagine that some of the posters like Woz are not really liberal Democrats. I vote for Representatives that lowered my income taxes and then voted to keep them low. If those people had not been in place my taxes would be higher now. They wanted to eliminate the IRS completely but not enough people support that. That includes my House representative and both my senators. I voted for people that support the 2nd Amendment and the US Constitution, people that did not vote for Obamacare (in the2014 mid terms I had two new people running for house and senate seat but they both opposed Ocare and my last reps that were not running this time voted against it. ) I vote for people that are pro drilling, keystone pipeline, fracking , energy independence, pro-business and 2nd amendment, anti-illegal immigrant amnesty, pro-life etc If voting for people that want to keep taxes low, support business, and energy independence and not just handing over the keys to liberal dems makes me a traitor, I am forced to wonder if he is not really deceptively trying to support those liberal dem policies me and my elected representatives oppose. Sure I don’t get EVERYTHING I want, but at age 51, I have learned in life the lesson my father taught me as a child and Woz's father should have taught him, “You can’t always get what you want, but if you try, sometimes, you can get what you need!”