The fiscal cliff legislation doesn't address some of the most important issues that are components of the cliff - the government spending sequester cuts, for example, and the debt ceiling - but the tax cuts were by far the largest issue that needed to be dealt with. As a compromise, tax rates will...
usmcpgw Wrote: 1 minute ago (12:26 PM) nope. they would never have admitted one. dems? definitely NO! i was saying that they could have COUNTER PROPOSED starting with a flat tax and adding cut, cap and balance ............................. And then the Dems would counter-propose, and then the Republicans would counter propose. And you know what the result would have been? An Income Tax INCREASE on all Americans that Pay INCOME tax. Because the result of INACTION was another HUGE Tax increase As an individual against tax increases I would be more upset if they counter-proposed, accomplished nothing and increased Income taxes on all Americans Again i support Flat taxes and cut cap and balance but they were not options now.
Less than 24 hours after the Senate passed compromise legislation worked out by Mitch McConnell and Joe Biden to restore most of the tax cuts that lapsed on January 1, John Boehner brought it to the House floor, where it passed on the strength of Democrat votes.
- Ron Paul: Crimea has the right to join Russia, and U.S. sanctions would be “criminal” Allahpundit 24 minutes ago
- CPAC interviews: The candidates Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Amazing: Leader of authoritarian gulag state unanimously “elected” with 100 percent voter turnout Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Snowden Q&A overshadowed at SXSW by … Girls Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Russian ambassador: We’re making it easier for Latvian ethnic Russians to get citizenship Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Let the primaries begin: Rand Paul, Ted Cruz battle over foreign policy Allahpundit 3 hours ago