The fiscal cliff legislation doesn't address some of the most important issues that are components of the cliff - the government spending sequester cuts, for example, and the debt ceiling - but the tax cuts were by far the largest issue that needed to be dealt with. As a compromise, tax rates will...
usmcpgw Wrote: 1 minute ago (12:26 PM) nope. they would never have admitted one. dems? definitely NO! i was saying that they could have COUNTER PROPOSED starting with a flat tax and adding cut, cap and balance ............................. And then the Dems would counter-propose, and then the Republicans would counter propose. And you know what the result would have been? An Income Tax INCREASE on all Americans that Pay INCOME tax. Because the result of INACTION was another HUGE Tax increase As an individual against tax increases I would be more upset if they counter-proposed, accomplished nothing and increased Income taxes on all Americans Again i support Flat taxes and cut cap and balance but they were not options now.
Less than 24 hours after the Senate passed compromise legislation worked out by Mitch McConnell and Joe Biden to restore most of the tax cuts that lapsed on January 1, John Boehner brought it to the House floor, where it passed on the strength of Democrat votes.
- Media reacts to Lois Lerner’s new email: ‘Hard to argue’ no political bias there Noah Rothman 38 minutes ago
- Comforting: Syria-trained American suicide bomber traveled to U.S. undetected Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Lundergan Grimes: Iron Dome is great for keeping Hamas from tunneling into Israel Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Organizing for Action asks WaPo to recognize its work, with hilarious results Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- S.E. Cupp: It’s a myth that conservatism is hostile to atheism Allahpundit 13 hours ago